Need input on FLDIGI

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Rick,

If you decide to try FLDIGI do not hesitate to ask for assistance.  We could try a Zoom meeting with some of the more experienced FLDIGI users.

Bob KK6KMU

Rick - N7WE

Thanks everyone for the info and great suggestions.  This is a great group and I really appreciate the help.  I may need some more as I continue the switch!  I am going to download the next HRD release when it comes since I've already paid for it and it is supposed to fix problems with Alerts.  I'm kind of dubious though.  So on to FLDIGI.  Tnx again.

KN4ZXG

I do not know the answer, if that's possible.  I use linux and I've yet to find a way to pipe out what's going on in the signal browser to a terminal somewhere, if I have fldigi covered up or in another desktop.  If I knew how to do that, I would probably write a really poorly written script showing CQs or callsigns or whatever.  There has to be an easy way to pull that information, especially about callsigns, if you have PSKReporter enabled in the settings.  If there's a way to do that, then there's a way to check against your log.

(Since some of you guys have mentioned some of the loggers you use, easy way to use a logger on a different machine?  Even if it's just fllog.  Not ready to spend money on a logging program yet.)

George Weller

I exactly repeat this experience.  Used Gateway and DXkeeper with fldigi.  Gateway failed, switched to AClog, which always works.  I have not used the alerts on fldigi, but I may soon.

George KD9PCN, #2879

On 1/9/2022 2:27 PM, Bob Motyl KK6KMU wrote:
Rick

The short answer is not that I know of.  I have been using FLDIGI for four years.  The software is well maintained and constantly being updated.  It was not easy for me to configure but that is just me.  I was using FLDIG with DXKeeper a logging program.  There was a gateway that made this setup work flawlessly.  When I upgraded to Windows 10 the gateway didn't work for me.  I hear it did work for some.  The gateway was going to be rewritten but I couldn't wait so I bought ACLog.  ACLog integrates pretty well with FLDIGI.  It has a watchlist which can be configured to alert you with a pop up window.  I have mine setup to alert me for PODXS members.

I hope that helps.

Bob  KK6KMU

Rick,

It is a visual alert not an audio alert.  There is an audio alert for your own call and a few other events.  ACLOG does work well with it however the way it accesses the log in Fldigi it won't let the previous contact alerts in Fldigi to work.  Been using it for about ten years and am very satisfied with it.  There is also a very good user group.

John  KC3FL

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Rick,

Forgot to tell you my setup.
IC-7200 rig
FLRIG rig control
FLDIGI  digital mode decoder
ACLog  logging software

FLRIG is a software from the makers or FLDIGI.  I really think FLRIG is great.  It allows me hands free control of my rig.  Any feature not controlled by default can be programed by the user.

Bob KK6KMU

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Rick

The short answer is not that I know of.  I have been using FLDIGI for four years.  The software is well maintained and constantly being updated.  It was not easy for me to configure but that is just me.  I was using FLDIG with DXKeeper a logging program.  There was a gateway that made this setup work flawlessly.  When I upgraded to Windows 10 the gateway didn't work for me.  I hear it did work for some.  The gateway was going to be rewritten but I couldn't wait so I bought ACLog.  ACLog integrates pretty well with FLDIGI.  It has a watchlist which can be configured to alert you with a pop up window.  I have mine setup to alert me for PODXS members.

I hope that helps.

Bob  KK6KMU

malcolm heard

 not trying to discourage your decision to switch. Recent hrd newsletter said the next release will have important changes to the alarm system. Needs to happen.

Malcolm Ke0jbt

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 12:08 PM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
I am in the process of abandoning HRD and switching to FLDIGI - which in over 17 years on PSK31 I've never used.  I see it has an audio alert function for selected callsigns.  But does it also have a visual alert?  One of the features I really used in HRD (but can no longer get to work) was the ability to use HRD Alarms to tailor SuperSweeper display to show different colors (two-tiered - background and text) for selected callsigns.  Made it great to separate members from non-members, members worked from not worked, and LONP from non-LONP.  Can you do something similar in FLDIGI?  All input is greatly appreciated and I'm sure I'll be back for more help.  Tnx,

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
heardmalcolm2017@...