My departure as Director of Awards/Endorsesments

Jerry N9AVY

Perhaps many of you are wondering why I left the job on January 1, 2022.

My health has deteriorated over the past few months and I haven't been on the air since September 2021. Truth is I have cancer and am in chemo at present.  Have good/bad days, but am hoping to get through this. Being on computer is a chore these days as well.

The Director job got to be more than I could handle and what started out as a 5 minute per day job turned into something I could no longer handle.

So, I'll be gone for some time, but hoping for the best.

73,   Jerry  N9AVY

Stephen KO4CVU

Jerry,
We will be praying for you.
Stephen, KO4CVU

--
Stephen, KO4CVU

stan W9SMR

Jerry,

I too, will be praying for your recovery and return to the waterfall.

Thank you for all you have done for the Club in the past.

May you continue your recovery and return as the Jerry we care for.

73,
Stan
W9SMR

Perhaps many of you are wondering why I left the job on January 1, 2022.

My health has deteriorated over the past few months and I haven't been on the air since September 2021. Truth is I have cancer and am in chemo at present. Have good/bad days, but am hoping to get through this. Being on computer is a chore these days as well.

The Director job got to be more than I could handle and what started out as a 5 minute per day job turned into something I could no longer handle.

So, I'll be gone for some time, but hoping for the best.

73, Jerry N9AVY

malcolm heard

Jerry.  I am a relatively new member. I appreciate what you have done to make this group fun and something I look forward to. This and POTA are my main ham focus.  Why?  Two places you find happy and friendly people that make your day better.  That has been epic during turbulent and decisive times.

Fight the fight.  Prayers coming your way.

Malcolm Ke0jbt

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 9:10 AM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Perhaps many of you are wondering why I riemdkleft the job on January 1, 2022.

My health has deteriorated over the past few months and I haven't been on the air since September 2021. Truth is I have cancer and am in chemo at present.  Have good/bad days, but am hoping to get through this. Being on computer is a chore these days as well.

The Director job got to be more than I could handle and what started out as a 5 minute per day job turned into something I could no longer handle.

So, I'll be gone for some time, but hoping for the best.

73,   Jerry  N9AVY

--

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street

Leadership • Culture • Talent

declan lennon

Hi Jerry

     Sorry to hear abt your cancer I had it in 1996 with 9 months of chemo in 1996 u will have good days and bad days the radio help me get through the day I started about an 1 hour in the morning  and same in the afternoon with the worked all Britain group.
Worked over 3000 wab squares that year also got the net controller award that year keep the spirits up thinking of you

Declan ei9hq

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 at 15:10, Jerry N9AVY
<n9avy@...> wrote:
Perhaps many of you are wondering why I left the job on January 1, 2022.

My health has deteriorated over the past few months and I haven't been on the air since September 2021. Truth is I have cancer and am in chemo at present.  Have good/bad days, but am hoping to get through this. Being on computer is a chore these days as well.

The Director job got to be more than I could handle and what started out as a 5 minute per day job turned into something I could no longer handle.

So, I'll be gone for some time, but hoping for the best.

73,   Jerry  N9AVY

Lee McDaniel WB4QOJ

Jerry,

     Prayers for you.

Lee WB4QOJ

<n9avy@...> wrote:
Perhaps many of you are wondering why I left the job on January 1, 2022.

My health has deteriorated over the past few months and I haven't been on the air since September 2021. Truth is I have cancer and am in chemo at present.  Have good/bad days, but am hoping to get through this. Being on computer is a chore these days as well.

The Director job got to be more than I could handle and what started out as a 5 minute per day job turned into something I could no longer handle.

So, I'll be gone for some time, but hoping for the best.

73,   Jerry  N9AVY

K8TOM

Good days. Bad days.  Ah yes.  Anyone who has had to deal with a chronic debilitating condition will certainly understand that couplet. For over 20 years my wife has suffered from a metabolic condition that completely wipes her out some days. On other days she feels pretty good and races around the house trying to make up for lost time, which usually leads to a "bad day" wipe-out the next day. Some days are mighty tough to get through, but fight the good fight, Jerry as we all lift you up in our prayers.

Tom
K8TOM
815

JoAnn Donaldson

Tom,
   I fully understand. My wife has MS and is getting to the point that she now having difficulties getting around.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 12:03:29 PM CST, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

Good days. Bad days.  Ah yes.  Anyone who has had to deal with a chronic debilitating condition will certainly understand that couplet. For over 20 years my wife has suffered from a metabolic condition that completely wipes her out some days. On other days she feels pretty good and races around the house trying to make up for lost time, which usually leads to a "bad day" wipe-out the next day. Some days are mighty tough to get through, but fight the good fight, Jerry as we all lift you up in our prayers.

Tom
K8TOM
815

Bo W4GHV

Hoping for a quick recovery for my favorite "Navy" buddy.

73 Bo W4USAF. 🤔

Buz Johnson

Hi Jerry,
I just want to personally thank you and all the Directors of this outstanding group for providing fun contests and stimulating awards programs.  I’ve only been involved with this group for a little less than a year, but have greatly enjoyed the activity.  Thank you for your service and get well soon.

Fight the fight, keep the faith.  God is still a miracle working God and I’m praying for you and family and for a speedy recovery.  God bless, see you on my screen soon.

Best 73,

Buz,  WA5AMM

B. Smith, N3XL

Thanks for all you have done and I'm praying for your speedy recovery and better days.
73,
Bill Smith, N3XL

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

Jerry, it was always a pleasure to see your callsign on my waterfall.  Hope you can get back on the air in the future.   Thanks for your support of PODXS 070.  I'll be praying for you during this difficult time.

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381