From: John Hendry KG5OIB <archer@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Sep 6, 2021 9:59 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Hudak 80M Sprint

I had the same issues.   I've got to get a better antenna for 80.   Hopefully soon!

     de  KG5OIB
     John Hendry
     Decatur, Wise County, Texas
     LOC:  EM13eg

John Hendry KG5OIB

I had the same issues.   I've got to get a better antenna for 80.   Hopefully soon!

     de  KG5OIB

     John Hendry

     Decatur, Wise County, Texas

     LOC:  EM13eg

Barry VA7GEM

Jim
You would be hard pressed to better my submitted score.
BTW I was not NIL for a change.
SRI about ur probs and missed you.
Barry

On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 09:34 AM, Jim K5SP wrote:

Did not fare well in the sprint last evening.

Hope everyone had fun.

Jim K5SP

JoAnn Donaldson

We worked

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Sunday, September 5, 2021, 11:34:26 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Did not fare well in the sprint last evening.  Had SWR issues that I could not resolve at night, and had to run QRP to keep swr down to workable level.  Any higher would cause it to drastically jump to over 5.8.

Submitted log anyway, saw many of you but apparently you did not copy me.

On another note, several months ago, all the contests were changed in regards to the required exchange.  You no longer have to include a signal report in the exchange.  Everybody always gave a 599, so it was a useless part of the exchange.  And, for example, the 80m Sprint last evening only required the SPC in the exchange.  Always review the exchange prior to the contest starting.  That being said, we never penalize anyone for having excessive exchanges, in fact, we encourage the time taken to greet old friends and wish them well.

Hope everyone had fun.

Jim,  K5SP #483