Endorsement Daze #5 - A Big Success !!

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

Thanks for the honorable mention. Was a tough outing but I got the bugs out now.

Steve

stan W9SMR

The Endorsement Daze Events seem to be gaining momentum and folks are picking up 070 Endorsements, just as hoped.

Two new Atta-boys were introduced and we had some surprising results.

The WARC-CRAWL Atta-Boy winners needed to conduct a single QSO on each of the 3 WARC bands (30M, 17M, 12M) during the Daze #5 Event period, August 21-22. This was a challenge because the upper WARC bands, especially, have not been good for some time.

According to my info, we had 5 members qualify:

Call                 # WARC-CRAWL earned  

KC9UR, Bob/Stan               3         
N7WE, Rick                         2         
KC3FL, John                       2         
N5SLY, Lee                          1         
KA5VZG, Alan                     1  

Special commendation to N7WE and KC9UR who completed a 5 band blitz in 15 minutes, working 30M, 17M, 12M, 15M, and 10M in that order.

Call it WARC-SPEED!

The Chimp Chase Atta-Boy winners were required to operate using an informal portable setup, and to make a PSK31 QSO with a minimum of 5 stations. Those earning this were: 

KG5OIB, John – Made 11 contacts on 30M, 20M and 17M as Chimp from Fort Richardson SP in Jacksboro Texas (K-3011). Could not find that illusive 12M QSO

KA5VZG, Alan – Operated using portable antennas from the picnic table. Had to move to the porch with arms full as T-Storms approached. After qualifying for Chimp Chase, continued operating from home QTH and then also earned the WARC-CRAWL Atta-Boy

Honorable Mention – Steve, VA3FLF – Got set up and worked 3 QSOs before rig issues shut him down. Next time, Steve !!

Congratulations and thanks to each of you on your persistence and for participating to make PSK31 the go-to mode it has been in the past.

Your Atta-Boys will arrive shortly via email PDF.

If I have missed your qualifying efforts for WARC-CRAWL or Chimp Chase, please let me know right away.

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director