070 Award Checker log errors

Jerry N9AVY

Oh no !!!  Never ask me to correct errors in the checker, that would be a huge mistake  because when it comes to computers I have the RMT  (Reverse Midas Touch)  Emoji !

Speaking of Grids,  I was unhappy that after working 200 stations on FD not one measly new grid was found.  Ugh ! Although K0GNE the Nebraska group which is headquartered in South Dakota announced that their FD was held in SD, but I never asked for a grid  Emoji !  Ya win some and ya lose some !

Guess I'll have to stick to working grids the usual ways.  So many grids and so few stations there on PSK !

But FD was like the good ol' days with lotsa stations on PSK !

Jerry n9avy

On Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 03:20:05 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

It's good that the checker requires you to upload the whole log every time.  If you uploaded the wrong info like a wrong grid by accident and then discovered  your error,

later, all you have to do is upload again and it's fixed.  If it didn't do that there would probably have to be some kind of manual fix and that would probably require Jerry to manually fix it.
As far as how long it takes the checker to process a log, I just uploaded 15237 contacts and it took 69 seconds after my call went to the top of the list to finish.

John
KC3FL

Darl DEEDS

I use a general logging program for all contacts. If you only use Fldigi you may have an issue. But if you use one of the many free general logging programs you can export and import from any program into your  general logger. From there as I did this morning. I export a partial log, only psk31 contacts. I had it done and sent in less then 5 minutes. If you don't use a general logging program I highly encourage you to do so. It makes it much easier to do many things.

Darl  NA8W

It's good that the checker requires you to upload the whole log every time.  If you uploaded the wrong info like a wrong grid by accident and then discovered  your error,

later, all you have to do is upload again and it's fixed.  If it didn't do that there would probably have to be some kind of manual fix and that would probably require Jerry to manually fix it.
As far as how long it takes the checker to process a log, I just uploaded 15237 contacts and it took 69 seconds after my call went to the top of the list to finish.

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

JoAnn and all:

I use N3FJP's AC Log for my main log and pretty much do what he does. (Except for the twice a year thing)   I can filter only PSK31 data from day 1; so all that goes to checker is PSK31 contacts only.

It necessary to send in ENTIRE PSK31 LOG every time you send to checker; otherwise, all your previous awards will be zeroed out. Reloading entire log again will correct that.

Don't blame me because it's been that way since the checker was created.

Hope this clarifies things.

Jerry    n9avy

On Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 12:24:37 PM CDT, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

JoAnn,
If you don't mind this is what I do.  I upload my PSK31 contacts when I feel like it.  Not necessarily after a contest or every month. Whatever feels right to you.

Yes you upload only you PSK31 contacts,  and yes you upload all you PSK31 contacts, (the ones that were uploaded before.)

I have all my contacts in one log that I can filter for PSK31 contacts only.  Then I export those filtered contact to a file.

Actually you only need to upload before the endorsements are mailed out.  Right now that is twice a year.

I hope this helps.

Bob
KK6KMU

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

JoAnn,
If you don't mind this is what I do.  I upload my PSK31 contacts when I feel like it.  Not necessarily after a contest or every month. Whatever feels right to you.

Yes you upload only you PSK31 contacts,  and yes you upload all you PSK31 contacts, (the ones that were uploaded before.)

I have all my contacts in one log that I can filter for PSK31 contacts only.  Then I export those filtered contact to a file.

Actually you only need to upload before the endorsements are mailed out.  Right now that is twice a year.

I hope this helps.

Bob
KK6KMU

JoAnn Donaldson

I don't quite understand what your talking about. I think your saying that even if I have uploaded a file before, which I did to get my 070 Number that I have to reload those files plus the PSK files from Field Day? Does this mean I have to have a separate Log just for PSK contacts. Then after the contest, upload the entire log again,even if I have already gotten credit for the previous upload? This log can get time consuming and the ADIF will get very huge after a while. I would think that after a while that it would take forever for the 070 Log checker to process a single file.

JoAnn
Ab8YZ

On Monday, June 28, 2021, 7:59:04 PM CDT, ShawnP <gulfxray@...> wrote:

Thanks Steve for taking time to explain all that - it makes perfect sense.

To be honest I am leaning towards the 'whole log (PSK31)' method; I appreciate there may be special situations like the Alaska endorsement.  Tracking some of those endorsements on my end would get tedious and definitely prone to error(s).

ShawnP

Thanks Steve for taking time to explain all that - it makes perfect sense.

To be honest I am leaning towards the 'whole log (PSK31)' method; I appreciate there may be special situations like the Alaska endorsement.  Tracking some of those endorsements on my end would get tedious and definitely prone to error(s).

ShawnP

Thanks Jerry.

I can easily pull out the PSK entries and clutter things with the other modes.  BTW, nice to work you during Field Day, I'll be looking to work you again sometime.

Stephen Melachrinos

I just want to temper that a little.

Most people upload their entire logs every time. That makes it simpler, as most people use loggers that can export the entire ADIF in one shot. (One note: you really should only export PSK31 QSOs, as those are the only ones that matter to us. Including non-PSK QSOs makes the files bigger, and slows down processing.)

But the real rule is that you MUST upload all the QSOs you need FOR THE ENDORSEMENT you are trying to achieve. Each upload overwrites your previous upload, so you can't do incremental uploads. But you CAN upload:

- Just the QSOs with 070 members for LONP credit
- Just the QSOs with key grid squares for the grid endorsements
- Just the QSOs with Australian stations for Worked All Oz
- A single QSO with a legit KL7 station for Alaska
etc

But if you do this, you can't upload another file until that particular endorsement is awarded. Otherwise the endorsement czar (Jerry) won't see the supporting data and will reject it.

So like I said, most people just upload their entire PSK log. But there may be some special circumstances for which the ability to do partial uploads makes makes sense. It can be done, but you have to understand the process to do it correctly.