CHIMP CHASE and Endorsement Daze #4

stan W9SMR

CHIMP CHASE and Endorsement Daze #4
Saturday, May 22
Sunday May 23

CHIMP CHASE  -  Let Us Know Your Plans

You’ve had a couple weeks to make your plans. Please let us know if you plan to go Chimp Chase portable and we will look for you!!

A Chimp qualified portable expedition site must be away from your home radio shack. You may use home power but you need to set up a temporary/portable antenna and station away from the home shack. Backyard ops and park picnic benches are encouraged for this category.

If this operation is at an official POTA or SOTA so much the better! Let us know the details using the Reflector.

For this introductory attempt to be a valid CHIMP CHASE, the operation must take place during the Daze #4 event and make at least 5 two-way PSK31 contacts with different call signs / bands.

Post your intended CHIMP activation by responding to this notice.  Include planned  times and bands of operation to greatly increase your successes.

Note that no prior approval is required to enjoy a sunny afternoon on the patio!

Following successful completion of your CHIMP operation, post your story on the Reflector or just send me an email advising me of your successful operation and a “CHIMP CHASE Atta-Boy” PDF will be emailed to you.

Endorsement Daze Objective - LONP

If you are a new member, this is your Golden Opportunity!  You can start accumulating toward that 100 member contacts required for LONP Membership - Currently, only 451 of our 2,832 members have qualified.

Our Endorsement Daze #4 event is planned for 48 hours in hopes of finding everyone’s available operating times.

There is nothing critical about this timing. Get on when you can and the conditions are favorable and enjoy the event. Post your intentions on the Reflector.

Starting: 00:00 UTC on Saturday, May 22

Ending:  23:59 UTC on Sunday, May 23

Join the fun and enjoy…Call: CQ CQ 070 Daze de (Ur Call)

If you will be operating portable, include CHIMP (or Portable) in your CQ.

For Endorsement credit, upload your complete log promptly to the Online Endorsement Checker :  Endorsement Checker

If your 070 membership number is above #2786, you should apply for LONP credit by submitting your entire log of member contacts per the Instructions !

As you see activity on the waterfall, be sure to “SPOT” those calls and your own to PSKReporter and on the Reflector. Be sure to Spot any CHIMPS you see.

It’s OK to QSO with non-members, too. Just show them how much fun the

PODXS 070 Club can be and welcome them to join us.

After you enjoy the Daze #4, please send me your comments and suggestions to improve this Event. I hope to have a repeat Endorsement Daze in August and if the Chimp Chase is popular, we’ll do another one.

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

Darin - KO4EJD

KO4EJD CHIMP ready to roll.
Activating POTA K-8298 Mittry Lake Wildlife Area.  This is my first POTA activation and would like to activate it with only PODXS070'ers.

I've been getting equipment ready for weeks.  We're heading out Friday morning for camp setup.

Plan is to stay out until Monday.  I'll operate PSK primarily on 20M to hopefully get park activated.  If successful I'll be happy to QSY.  Internet is pretty good out there so I'll try and update via group page if we have one.

One piece of equipment failed to get here but I've got my fingers crossed the seller gets on the ball.  Confidence is low.  I've got a work around in my head so hopefully it'll all come together.
Wednesday is grocery day.  Hoping for a couple of steaks making their way into the cooler.

As I said in an earlier post, we went out a couple of weeks ago to get some of our other equipment tested again.
Here's the pics from that overnighter.  This site is about 10 minutes south of Mittry Lake.

Weather forecast is mid 80s to low 90s during the day and low 60s in the evening.

Look forward to working everyone in DAZE 4.

Darin
KO4EJD

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 5:39 PM stan W9SMR <robinstan@...> wrote:
[...]

Don - KM4UDX

Darin -- your setup looks great. And the sort of sand looks sort of comfortable.  What is the antenna plan?
--
Don, km4udx

Darin - KO4EJD

Going with the Super Antenna on tripod anchored with sand bags.  If that doesn't work I'll try it on a ground spike.  My fall back is the Eagle One.

Darin
KO4EJD

On Tue, May 18, 2021, 4:58 AM Don - KM4UDX <dontay155@...> wrote:
Darin -- your setup looks great. And the sort of sand looks sort of comfortable.  What is the antenna plan?
--
Don, km4udx

Paula K7PAX #1739

I am calling CQ as a Chimp on 20 meters 14.070.55 at 01:12 UTC
--
Paula K7PAX #1739

Sherri Rapp

I plan to "activate" my backyard on 22 and 23 May starting around 1500Z (11am EDT) as a CHIMP. Will likely break from 1700Z to 2100Z due to temperature. Look for me on 20m primarily. Will likely poke around 40m, too.

Sherri Rapp,  WB4OSU, #2601

Sherri Rapp

Due to heat and some homebrew antenna mis-measurements, I will only be chasing you Chimps instead of being a Chimp today on my usual antenna. With any luck, the antenna will be corrected by this evening when it's cooler, or tomorrow.

Sherri Rapp WB4OSU