PSK Reporter...You might want to check....

Rick - N7WE

Thanks John.  I didn't know that.  But I do know that the HRD Alarm function uses the same string.  DE and call sign twice before it activates the alarm.  I find the HRD Alarm function and SuperSweeper great in 070 contests!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

A good 17m morning to everybody...
That's as positive as I can get about 17m right now.
Been <AUTOCQ>'ing for about 20 minutes. No traces seen. 
Not even ft-8, RTTY, CW or, or, or.....
2nd mug of CDM coffee was just delivered to my shack...
Looking forward to the St. Paddy's Day operating event.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76 

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Mar 7, 2021 7:38 am
Subject: [070Club] PSK Reporter...You might want to check....

I use PSK Reporter, not only to self-spot, but to watch for other stations operating from grids I need.  Frequently, I see stations supposedly located in grids I'm after, but when I check QRZ or "read the mail," they are not in the grid PSK Reporter is showing.  After doing some digging, I think I have found at least a partial explanation.  PSK Report is not allowed to use QRZ.com location data.  The database Philip uses is HamCall.  If PSK Reporter is mis-reporting your location, you might want to check your location in the HamCall database.  https://hamcall.net/call/  Basic membership is free and you can edit your data including location, and a 6 digit grid square is recommended!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Rick
I've noticed that before and tnx fer answering that.  Here's another thing about Psk Reporter that a lot of folks aren't aware of.  Since PSK doesn't have forward error correction like some of the other digital mode it looks for the DE then a call sign two times before it spots you.  That's why a lot of stations use their call two times in their macros, it increases their spots.

John
KC3FL

Rick - N7WE

I use PSK Reporter, not only to self-spot, but to watch for other stations operating from grids I need.  Frequently, I see stations supposedly located in grids I'm after, but when I check QRZ or "read the mail," they are not in the grid PSK Reporter is showing.  After doing some digging, I think I have found at least a partial explanation.  PSK Report is not allowed to use QRZ.com location data.  The database Philip uses is HamCall.  If PSK Reporter is mis-reporting your location, you might want to check your location in the HamCall database.  https://hamcall.net/call/  Basic membership is free and you can edit your data including location, and a 6 digit grid square is recommended!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602