2018 PSK Fest Results

Rick - N7WE

Scoring is closed and the results are in for the 2018 PSK Fest Results.  This year there were 91 entries.

1st Overall, 1st Medium Power, and TOP DAWG – WB8C – Kirk of Leesburg VA

4th Overall, 1st High Power – VA3TPS – Steve of Pickering ON Canada

11th Overall, 1st QRP – WD9FTZ – Greg of Akron OH

28th Overall, 1st Low Power – K3JZD – Jody of Trafford PA

Logs showed 503 unique calls in 4 bands and there were QSOs in every slot of the 24 hours except 0600 UTC.  For full results go to the KJ4IZW Contest Scorer by clicking HERE.  Congratulations to the winners!  And thank you to all who contested and made it a great event.

Next up is the Valentine Sprint on February 14th.  Choose your 6 hour block from the 24 hours beginning 0000 UTC on Valentine’s Day.  For rules go here
Hope to see you on the waterfall.

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Looks like I fell asleep es forgot to upload the log.
Will have to try to do better next year
Barry

K8TOM

Hey Barry, that makes two of us!

I think that there were a couple of emails about problems with the scorer, so I postponed uploading.

Then forgetfulness asserted itself.

Tom
815

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Tom
Same happened here.
I did not ever register the message that the scorer was fixed.
Another year older and a whole new world of things to forget.
HNY to all
Barry

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 10:33 am, K8TOM wrote:
Hey Barry, that makes two of us!

I think that there were a couple of emails about problems with the scorer, so I postponed uploading.

Then forgetfulness asserted itself.

Tom
815

stan W9SMR

Make that at least three of us. XYL and I took off for CA about the time I might have figured out it was time to upload.

Wonder how I would have done?

Great fun, anyway!

73

Stan

W9SMR

I think that there were a couple of emails about problems with the scorer, so I postponed uploading.

Then forgetfulness asserted itself.

Tom
815

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

Barry, Tom, and Stan - send your contest log files to me and I'll upload them as check logs so you can at least have an idea of how you might've placed.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 11:24 AM, stan robinson <robinstan@...> wrote:

Make that at least three of us. XYL and I took off for CA about the time I might have figured out it was time to upload.

Wonder how I would have done?

Great fun, anyway!

73

Stan

W9SMR

I think that there were a couple of emails about problems with the scorer, so I postponed uploading.

Then forgetfulness asserted itself.

Tom
815

VA7GEM-1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Matt
Sent to ur gmail acct
let me know if anything else needed
may have to set up a spec category for
those of us that cant remember how to tie our laces hi
HNY
Barry

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 04:36 pm, Matthew King - AK4MK wrote:
Barry, Tom, and Stan - send your contest log files to me and I'll upload them as check logs so you can at least have an idea of how you might've placed.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

Hey Barry,
Can I be the first to apply to your special category?
Can I have member # 0001?
HNY!
Joe
KA1PPV  $1482

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 10:12 PM, VA7GEM-1470 via Groups.Io wrote:

Matt
Sent to ur gmail acct
let me know if anything else needed
may have to set up a spec category for
those of us that cant remember how to tie our laces hi
HNY
Barry

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 04:36 pm, Matthew King - AK4MK wrote:
Barry, Tom, and Stan - send your contest log files to me and I'll upload them as check logs so you can at least have an idea of how you might've placed.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

stan W9SMR

Thanks, Matt...That's why I mostly wear moccasins these days.

73,

Stan

W9SMR

those of us that cant remember how to tie our laces hi
HNY
Barry

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 04:36 pm, Matthew King - AK4MK wrote:

Barry, Tom, and Stan - send your contest log files to me and I'll upload them as check logs so you can at least have an idea of how you might've placed.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

K8TOM

Thanks from me, too, Matt.  Better late than not at all.

I usually forget about having to check that the HRDLog "State" field is filled in when state is part of the test exchange.  But I know that is the field that David's checker uses.

Tom
K8TOM
815

VA7GEM-1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Joe
I think #0001 shud be mine as I stand out in a crowd for having this asset.
HNY
Barry

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 04:26 am, Joseph Molon wrote:
[...]

Jerry N9AVY

0000.5 ?     One of the 10-10 chaptera assigned me a certificate with a number like that and negative points.  It drove everyone nuts

Jerry n9avy

[...]

Jerry
Yes we could definitely assign that to Joe as he is confirmed QRP.
Barry

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 08:32 am, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
[...]

Barry,
OK. If you insist but I will lobby strongly for # 0002 then.
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:10 AM, VA7GEM-1470 via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Brilliant!
You are a true friend of the Crown!

Dilly! Dilly.!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

[...]

Jim K5SP

Sir Matt, will show all the late submissions to the pit of misery!

dilly dilly

Jim
K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

To the Pit of Misery they go!

Dilly Dilly!

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 1:14 PM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
[...]

Paul Milward <nu4c@...>

You guys watch too much tv.

Dilly Dilly

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

[...]

To the pit of misery!

dilly! dilly!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

[...]

Maybe just too much sports.
Ask the XYL!

dilly  dilly

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 01:57 PM, Paul Milward wrote:

You guys watch too much tv.

Dilly Dilly

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A