Grids

Jerry N9AVY

A few months ago I made a little list of needed grids using Excel and keep next to radio so when I work a grid I can quickly see if I need it.  It has been very helpful/  Last night I compared it to the checker  and found that a few had been worked .   Crossed them off list, but found a couple that were missing and not worked.

Wonder if anyone working on grids does same ???    Still have lots of grids to work and it may be years before I finish , if ever.

Jerry  n9avy

Geary McDowell <gearymcdowell@...>

I’ve started using the FFMA I think it is, found the spreadsheet at ARRL. It helps, easy to use, but my problem is going back to LOTW every few days to find more confirmed QSOs. Seems like I have to go through the whole list every time . There has to to be a better way. Surprised one of the contest scoring people, ARRL or a software developer does not have one.
Geary, KE5IRK

Bill Garwood

Jerry,

I made a chart like that but I also have a copy of the ARRL Grid Locator for North America map.  It is printed in landscape format on regular 8 1/2 by 11 paper.  What I do is I put a red dot in the square of every grid that shows worked in the 070 Checker.  I occasionally will pull up the info on the checker and be sure my chart agrees with the grids approved by the checker.  At a quick glance, I can see if I have that grid.  I have most of the grids in the eastern US but a lot of spaces left in the west.  I also put an X in the squares that the 070 awards do not use.

Happy Radio!

Bill N4GBK in NC