Good luck everyone… I’m giving up for a while until the band cleans up.

Mike

WM4B

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Agreed Mike — Condx are just really bad.  I got on a little bit a go figuring signals would be abound but NOT!!  Very spotty to say the least.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jan 5, 2018, at 7:28 PM, Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...> wrote:

Wow… lousy conditions in GA tonight.  QSB is rapid and deep.  Seems like it’s been that way since the supermoon… or maybe since the lousy weather set it.  Regardless, it’s been stinky.

I’m also seeing quite a few stations NOT using the prosign ‘K’ at the end of their CQ;  I’m seeing CQ CQ de WM4B WM4B”…. and that’s it.  With conditions being so bad, that prosign at the end is pretty important.

Ok… off my soapbox!

Good luck everyone… I’m giving up for a while until the band cleans up.

Mike

WM4B

Dan, got you even with that FT8 signal on top of you

Only seeing a few signals on 40 and 80, nothing on 20 here. Very lousy.

JIM K5SP

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

Aw C'mon Mike.  You didn't get enough snow to wreck your propagation.
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 07:28 PM, Mike Besemer wrote:

Wow… lousy conditions in GA tonight.  QSB is rapid and deep.  Seems like it’s been that way since the supermoon… or maybe since the lousy weather set it.  Regardless, it’s been stinky.

I’m also seeing quite a few stations NOT using the prosign ‘K’ at the end of their CQ;  I’m seeing CQ CQ de WM4B WM4B”…. and that’s it.  With conditions being so bad, that prosign at the end is pretty important.

Ok… off my soapbox!

Good luck everyone… I’m giving up for a while until the band cleans up.

Mike

WM4B

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Ha, I thought maybe you switched modes on me!! hihi   We got it though and that signal never did come back that I could see.  Tnx

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jan 5, 2018, at 7:55 PM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Dan, got you even with that FT8 signal on top of you

Only seeing a few signals on 40 and 80, nothing on 20 here. Very lousy.

JIM K5SP

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

I think my antenna must be frozen!

Mike
WM4B

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

I almost wonder if we have some aurora. Signals sound funny tonight.

Mike
WM4B

Agreed Mike — Condx are just really bad. I got on a little bit a go figuring signals would be abound but NOT!! Very spotty to say the least.

Dan Morris KZ3T
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!

On Jan 5, 2018, at 7:28 PM, Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@cox.net> wrote:

Wow… lousy conditions in GA tonight. QSB is rapid and deep. Seems like it’s been that way since the supermoon… or maybe since the lousy weather set it. Regardless, it’s been stinky.
I’m also seeing quite a few stations NOT using the prosign ‘K’ at the end of their CQ; I’m seeing “CQ CQ de WM4B WM4B”…. and that’s it. With conditions being so bad, that prosign at the end is pretty important.
Ok… off my soapbox!
Good luck everyone… I’m giving up for a while until the band cleans up.
Mike
WM4B

Im on 80 mike come get me.
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Stick with it guys...
45++ years of chasing DX has taught me that there are changes in propagation every 15 minutes...
Some are subtle, some atre dramatic...
Just sayin'...
Milt

I almost wonder if we have some aurora. Signals sound funny tonight.

Mike
WM4B

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

Saw you about an hour ago… and then you were gone!

Mike
WM4B