From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jan 2, 2021 5:47 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Antenna Farm

I value my privacy  and moving to AZ would be like living in a commune.  Rather deal with snow & ice.

Jerry

On Saturday, January 2, 2021, 07:00:43 PM CST, W7RTL <rtlatimer60@...> wrote:

Think twice before giving up on Arizona.
We have an active HAM community and you never need to shovel sunshine!
73,
W7RTL
Rich

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 9:18 AM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Ventured outside to take a lookiesee at antenna farm - sad .   The tribander & WARC dipoles have a decidedly unhealthy droop from last night's ice storm.   The 80/40m sloper has its coil  full of ice and the 80m portion over the roof is encased in ice & snow.  Used to have about 6 inches clearance above roof but 8-10 inches of snowfall this week messed that up.

No way am I going up on the roof to fix it. This hobby is not worth risking my life; same goes for tower.  After fixing the "droop" in sloper a couple weeks ago, it's back to having coil hanging about 5-6 feet off the lawn which is good for chopping off heads while mowing lawn.

Just got in from cleaning off ice all over van - yuck !   I'm starting to not like Winter.  Granddaughter wants me to move to Phoenix and live with her - bah on that idea !  Actually, I think house is in Gilberts.  AZ is not my cup of tea.

Spring is just around the corner, right ?   What about global warming ???   It should be warmer.

<rant off>

[...]

Jerry  n9avy

W7RTL

[...]

Antennas are FUBAR  - condensed version.

Jerry  n9avy

On Saturday, January 2, 2021, 10:30:21 AM CST, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Jerry...contest going on...
condensed version pls?