Pskfest

Jim K5SP

Strange conditions here this evening. Lots of signals in waterfall on 40m, but seemed like very few could hear me. 

Then all at once made 6-7 contacts with AZ, WA, CA. Band has gone here  and only saw KC3FL on 80. Now nothing but noise. 

Jim K5SP 

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

K8TOM

Tnx for the contact, Jim.  I'm limited on my seat time this year, but always fun.

Tom
K8TOM

Jim K5SP

Great to see you again Tom. Have fun with what time you have.

Jim K5SP 

On Jan 2, 2021 9:45 AM, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:
Tnx for the contact, Jim.  I'm limited on my seat time this year, but always fun.

Tom
K8TOM

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

i'm lookin' for ya Tom!
Milt.

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 2, 2021 7:45 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Pskfest

Tom
K8TOM

John Hendry KG5OIB

Complete forgot this contest.   I’m out doing a POTA activation and switched to digital and saw all the signals.   We will see how long the battery holds out!  Hi hi. 

john
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry

Decatur, Wise County, Texas

LOC:  EM13eg

Chuck M

Glad to get your pota on my log.

Chuck
KD9DVB

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 1:00 PM, John Hendry KG5OIB
<archer@...> wrote:

Complete forgot this contest.   I’m out doing a POTA activation and switched to digital and saw all the signals.   We will see how long the battery holds out!  Hi hi. 

john
--

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry

Ron Bosch

John,
What Freq you working a combo PSKfest and POTA hunt sounds awesome :-)

Ron KE4DRF

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 12:00 PM John Hendry KG5OIB <archer@...> wrote:

Complete forgot this contest.   I’m out doing a POTA activation and switched to digital and saw all the signals.   We will see how long the battery holds out!  Hi hi. 

john
--

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry

Ken Campbell <n6pcd1@...>

Been a lot of fun so far, as time and family allow. Only problem I’ve been having is that my RX here in SW Missouri is getting wiped out by a few stations that are splattering all over the waterfall because their transmitter audio drive is WAY too hot. If I turn my RX gain down enough to control their trace, almost everything else disappears.

Remember folks, only drive your TX audio enough to print nice, clean railroad tracks!
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD/0
070 #801
LONP #187

Jim K5SP

Sorry Ken, saw you briefly then you disappeared.

I can only recall seeing two stations with splatter and railroad tracks, and neither one were members.

If you ever see me with a splattering or dirty signal, please tell me!

Jim K5SP

On 1/2/2021 2:14 PM, Ken Campbell wrote:
Been a lot of fun so far, as time and family allow. Only problem I’ve been having is that my RX here in SW Missouri is getting wiped out by a few stations that are splattering all over the waterfall because their transmitter audio drive is WAY too hot. If I turn my RX gain down enough to control their trace, almost everything else disappears.

Remember folks, only drive your TX audio enough to print nice, clean railroad tracks!
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD/0
070 #801
LONP #187

--
Jim,  K5SP #483