Christmas Day Contacts

Scotty W7PSK

So you have a check log of sorts here is the calls I worked

K3PTO

N6MG

W0JSL

K3ALB

KC3FL

Scotty W7PSK

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington

K8TOM

We had family in for Norwegian Christmas eve dinner and then all day following, so no shack time that I could get away with.

Given our corner QTH, Scotty, I had kinda figured that 25 Qs would require significant BIC time for you, me, and Barry, so I wasn't too concerned about the situation.  I'm glad to see that those east of the big river had an easier time of it. I did miss seeing N6MG, though.

Tom
K8TOM

Think we really need to help our West Coast members by scheduling QSOs for a certain time & frequency. This is what PODXS should be all about, contests are for fun !

Jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 12:13:19 PM CST, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

We had family in for Norwegian Christmas eve dinner and then all day following, so no shack time that I could get away with.

Given our corner QTH, Scotty, I had kinda figured that 25 Qs would require significant BIC time for you, me, and Barry, so I wasn't too concerned about the situation.  I'm glad to see that those east of the big river had an easier time of it. I did miss seeing N6MG, though.

Tom
K8TOM
815

No schedules for me please.
I've won Operating Events from the West Coast before, and if it's in the stars to win another, it won't be because I was "given" an advantage over others.
Just sayin'...
Milt.
N6MG
070-0650
LONP #76

Think we really need to help our West Coast members by scheduling QSOs for a certain time & frequency. This is what PODXS should be all about, contests are for fun !

Jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 12:13:19 PM CST, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

We had family in for Norwegian Christmas eve dinner and then all day following, so no shack time that I could get away with.

Given our corner QTH, Scotty, I had kinda figured that 25 Qs would require significant BIC time for you, me, and Barry, so I wasn't too concerned about the situation.  I'm glad to see that those east of the big river had an easier time of it. I did miss seeing N6MG, though.

Tom
K8TOM

Milt:

I wasn't suggesting "giving" contacts... just a way to help when propagation puts the West Coast at a disadvantage and the East Coast quits before West Coast has propagation.  If I was out of line, I appologize,

Jerry

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 01:12:33 PM CST, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

[...]

Randy True

Yes, contests are fun, but I'm in it to win, iffin I can. Otherwise just give everyone an Attaboy.

Randy W4RTT

Think we really need to help our West Coast members by scheduling QSOs for a certain time & frequency. This is what PODXS should be all about, contests are for fun !

Jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 12:13:19 PM CST, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

We had family in for Norwegian Christmas eve dinner and then all day following, so no shack time that I could get away with.

Given our corner QTH, Scotty, I had kinda figured that 25 Qs would require significant BIC time for you, me, and Barry, so I wasn't too concerned about the situation.  I'm glad to see that those east of the big river had an easier time of it. I did miss seeing N6MG, though.

Tom
K8TOM

Used to be a rabid contester years ago, but I valued my sanity more.

Jerry

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 02:01:44 PM CST, Randy True <w4rttrandy@...> wrote:

[...]

Stephen Melachrinos

Scotty -

Thanks. We're keeping track of all who participated.

So you have a check log of sorts here is the calls I worked

K3PTO

N6MG

W0JSL

K3ALB

KC3FL

Scotty W7PSK

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington
070 #138

Ken N6PCD

I gotta say, I’m noticing a definite advantage in hearing and working stations now that we’ve moved to SW Missouri. I used to get on the air several times a week when we lived in SoCal and couldn’t beg, borrow, or steal a PSK contact, even with much CQing. Admittedly the solar cycle had bottomed out, but it wasn’t a good place to try to operate PSK31 from at the time.

That’s a great part of all the reason I got involved in the FT modes. Their ability to pull signals out from way down in the mud kept me operating, especially as I lived in a townhouse with CC&R’s to deal with.

Glad to be back operating PSK again!
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD/0

Ron Bosch

Stephen,
Didn't realize you wanted participation from those of us who didn't win, place, or show.  My contacts on Xmas day where:
KD9DVB
WB8JAY
K3ALB
KA5VZG
KD9ANS
WA3WZR
K3YES
KC8ORW
KK6KMU
KC4OBB
KO4EJD
W3HF
KB3RAN

all on 40M

Ron
KE4DRF

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 4:36 PM Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Scotty -

Thanks. We're keeping track of all who participated.

So you have a check log of sorts here is the calls I worked

K3PTO

N6MG

W0JSL

K3ALB

KC3FL

Scotty W7PSK

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington
070 #138

John Hendry KG5OIB

Somehow I missed that there was an event on Christmas Day.   I actually did a POTA activation that morning, and did have two PSK contacts...
KB3RAN and KC4OBB

Could have done more if I was paying attention!  Hi HI!

John

     de  KG5OIB

     John Hendry

     Decatur, Wise County, Texas