Excel

Jim K5SP

Does anyone know anything about Excel?  I used to be able to convert a sheet to html to put on the PODXS070 club website, but am totally flustered with it now.

I originally had Office365 through my college, where I taught.  Retired from that 5 years ago.  Have been paying the annual renewal since retirement.

Well, my license expired recently, and I paid for the renewal, and it said to download the most recent version, which I did.  That was a HUGE mistake.  Now when I try to publish as html, it only give me one publish option and that is to POWER BI, which I do not want, and will not use. I cannot access POWER BI, because the college license used my personal email address, and when I try to create an account it will not let me because it wants a work email, which I do not have.  So, I am stuck. (trying to convert RC3 leaderboard to html from a sheet.).

Is there any way that I can get rid of this POWER BI?  Help please!

Jim,  K5SP #483

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

Jim - can you maybe copy/paste the sheet’s data into a word doc that can that be saved as html?

Just a thought...

73

Matt
AK4MK
070 #1708

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 11:24 AM Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

[...]

Barry VA7GEM

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Jim,

Slightly off topic.  I use Libre Office.  Its free.  With only minor differences it is the MS Office.  I have use it for ten years and you can save to many file formants.  Just a thought.

Bob KK6KMU

Rick - N7WE

Jim-
Only work-around I knew of was to export the Excel file as an OpenDocumentSpreadsheet, then open the exported file in OpenOffice, from which you can Save As an HTML.   Worked with Excel 2016, not sure if it does with the latest version.  Hope this helps.

Stephen Melachrinos

Jim -

Do a "Save As" and select HTML.

Specifically,

File -> Save As -> [select the folder where the file is to go] -> [use the pulldown for "Save as Type" to select "Web Page (*.htm, *.html)"]

Those are the exact steps in my copy of Excel 2013 on this computer, but it's similar in every copy I've used.

[...]

Since it's my spreadsheet you are working with, tell me what you want and I can try and create.

[...]

I tried the save as and it messes up the formatting.  It is not yours Steve, it is the one Milt sent me to update the Member Info page which is not being updated by David Westbrooks scripts.

I will send it to you and see if you can export to html with the formatting that is currently on the Member Info page.

As for yours, need the html showing the leaderboard and the top ten as is currently shown on the RC3 page.

On 10/31/2020 1:09 PM, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Eric KG6MZS

What about File > Save As > .htm  ?

HTH

Eric KG6MZS

On 10/31/20 8:27 AM, Matthew King - AK4MK wrote:
[...]

Lost a lot of the formatting when doing Save As.

Jim K5SP