From: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io> on behalf of Scotty W7PSK <w7psk@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:04 AM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: [070Club] ZL7DX and Hole 13

Has anyone had any contact with ZL7DX? Is there an Email I could mail them. I have needed Hole 13 since the day golf was
created and since the South Pole Ham station hasnt been online the only other option is ZL7.

Let me know. Im desperate to finish the golf holes. Very few have done it.

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington

QRZ.Com lists it as Email: zl2dx@...
Give that a try, I'd like to finish up the course myself

John
KC3FL

Ok, looks like Stan tried to copy and paste like I did and it left off the @xtra.co.nz

zl2dx@...

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

Chatham Island was activated by ZL2DX in 2017 and was supposed to be there for until 2020. I only worked one PSK31 station there was ZL7LC (ZL1LC ,an 070 member) back in 2015. He was on a mini DXpedition PSK31 only. Others may have been there, but suspect they operated SSB/CW/RTTY or FT mode. Not aware of anyone else on ZL7.

Jerry n9avy

On Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 10:04:07 AM CDT, Scotty W7PSK <w7psk@...> wrote:

Has anyone had any contact with ZL7DX?  Is there an Email I could mail them.   I have needed Hole 13 since the day golf was
created and since the South Pole Ham station hasnt been online the only other option is ZL7.

Let me know. Im desperate to finish the golf holes.  Very few have done it.

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington
070 #138

Rick - N7WE

Scotty-
Good Luck!  And let us know if you get anything working.  I too need only Hole 13 to complete Golf.  I also need Antarctica and haven't heard anything about PSK31 from there in a long long time.

K8TOM

Yep, I sure remember that one.  I corresponded with him prior to the DXpedition and waited intently for the opening.  I think that it was the 2nd or 3rd day that I got him.  And yes, he pulled up stakes early.  I can't remember the reason, but it may have been wx or logistical issues.

Hole 13 is a toughie due to the lack of PSK operators as well as prop.

Tom
K8TOM
815

Scotty W7PSK

Sent an Email, Ill see what happens.

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington

We're going to find a different source for Hole 13.
ZL7 is Chatham Island.
There have been numerous dx-peditions there, and according to Club Log, it's #76 on the most wanted DXCC list. It may be rated higher or lower on other lists. I don't know.
From Apr. 2004 until Nov. 2016, I've logged 5 separate dx-peditions, and 12 confirmed Q's via LotW. to Chatham.
Sadly, no bpsk31. I don't even know if any of the dx-peditions did any digital at all.
I need Hole 13 also. Any volunteers for a road trip? :-)
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Neither call appears on PODXS member list.

GL, 73,
Stan
W9SMR

Has anyone had any contact with ZL7DX?  Is there an Email I could mail them.  I have needed Hole 13 since the day golf was
created and since the South Pole Ham station hasnt been online the only other option is ZL7.

Let me know. Im desperate to finish the golf holes.  Very few have done it.

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington
070 #138

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Volunteer?  Sure , will P070 pay for the trip? LOL

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Oct 21, 2020, at 12:51 PM, Milton Garb via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

We're going to find a different source for Hole 13.
ZL7 is Chatham Island.
There have been numerous dx-peditions there, and according to Club Log, it's #76 on the most wanted DXCC list. It may be rated higher or lower on other lists. I don't know.
From Apr. 2004 until Nov. 2016, I've logged 5 separate dx-peditions, and 12 confirmed Q's via LotW. to Chatham.
Sadly, no bpsk31. I don't even know if any of the dx-peditions did any digital at all.
I need Hole 13 also. Any volunteers for a road trip? :-)
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Has anyone had any contact with ZL7DX?  Is there an Email I could mail them.  I have needed Hole 13 since the day golf was
created and since the South Pole Ham station hasnt been online the only other option is ZL7.

Let me know. Im desperate to finish the golf holes.  Very few have done it.

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington
070 #138

Dan how generous of you to volunteer your time.
Let's bring it up again when the SFI is at about 120?
Milt
N6MG

Has anyone had any contact with ZL7DX?  Is there an Email I could mail them.  I have needed Hole 13 since the day golf was
created and since the South Pole Ham station hasnt been online the only other option is ZL7.

Let me know. Im desperate to finish the golf holes.  Very few have done it.

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington
070 #138

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Wow, what a deal! 😂

Dan Morris
dbmorris315@...

On Oct 21, 2020, at 8:03 PM, Milton Garb via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Dan how generous of you to volunteer your time.
Let's bring it up again when the SFI is at about 120?
Milt
N6MG

Has anyone had any contact with ZL7DX?  Is there an Email I could mail them.  I have needed Hole 13 since the day golf was
created and since the South Pole Ham station hasnt been online the only other option is ZL7.

Let me know. Im desperate to finish the golf holes.  Very few have done it.

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington
070 #138

Scotty W7PSK

Recieved a note from Chris.  He has decided to live on Chatham permenantly and has moved everything to the island.  He is active on FT8/FT4 and wondered
what he needed to get on PSK.  So I gave him the PODXS070 club website and told him what the award was about and then a list of PSK Software and
mentioned there were others.

Crossing Fingers.

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington

Jerry N9AVY

If &when he gets on PSK, it will be a prize for many members !

Jerry n9avy