Topics

24/7 Endorsement - - Week Three - hour slots 0800z and 0900Z Begins tonight

Alan - KA5VZG

Week one covering hours 0400-0500z and week two covering hours 0600-0700z
went very well. Anyone needing the  0800 or 0900z hour slot filled is invited to join
us starting tonight (I am in the central time zone, so that will be a start at 03xxAM,
which will be Monday morning, just in time to put the coffee on.

Look for especially regular participants KK6KMU, K4VBM, W9SMR/9.
There have been lots of others participating you may see :
KB3RAN, N6MG, W4RTT,W6QP

We will show up by 0845z, but early birds may be on around 0830z.
We will cover 7.070 and 3.580 MHZ and will stay on as long as it takes
to make sure everyone has made their contacts.

Get on the "Chats" and select 24/7 Endorsement.  We usually post our acctivity
and where everyone is operating. The Chat has been a big help coordinating.

Get your coffee ready, set your alarms and cone on down. 
73 KA5VZG

Interesting being on the far left coast with Bob & Eric and Tom.
Early & coffee for you easterners is late & Melatonin for us. :-)
See everybody later tonight, and during the week. 
I've done a lot of work in the shack, rotated radio's, a new 28" flat panel for MixW, and a new 24" flat panel for my ACLog & main frame. Gotta weed out all of the weak components...
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP 76

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Oct 18, 2020 9:34 am
Subject: [070Club] 24/7 Endorsement - - Week Three - hour slots 0800z and 0900Z Begins tonight

went very well. Anyone needing the  0800 or 0900z hour slot filled is invited to join
us starting tonight (I am in the central time zone, so that will be a start at 03xxAM,

KB3RAN, N6MG, W4RTT,W6QP

73 KA5VZG

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Milt.  Congrats with the updates.  I got motivated myself and built a new computer for myself.  An eight core AMD processor, 16GB of ram, and video card with four video outputs, four 24 inch monitors and cleaned up my cabling.  Now I can run FLDIGI, my logging software, pskinfo and the chat room all at the same time with no delays or computer crashes.  Should have done it years ago.  Now I have the time.

Bob KK6KMU

Good job Bob!
Can you send me info, or a link to "PSKinfo"?
I'm not familiar with a lot of the propagation or tracking sites.
Thanks,
Milt.

Sent: Sun, Oct 18, 2020 12:43 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] 24/7 Endorsement - - Week Three - hour slots 0800z and 0900Z Begins tonight

Milt.  Congrats with the updates.  I got motivated myself and built a new computer for myself.  An eight core AMD processor, 16GB of ram, and video card with four video outputs, four 24 inch monitors and cleaned up my cabling.  Now I can run FLDIGI, my logging software, pskinfo and the chat room all at the same time with no delays or computer crashes.  Should have done it years ago.  Now I have the time.

Bob KK6KMU

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

I just posted on invite to our 24.7 Endorsement meet on a JS8 Call message board.  It is mostly digital mode operators from Australia.  I know my post is off topic but we may get some interest from Australia on our next meet.  Just trying to get some DX in the mix.  It was nice to get Japan on 40 meters for PSK.  Have done it with RTTY but this is the first 40 meter Japan.

Bob KK6KMU

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

I got at least on taker from Australia to try and join us tonight on the 24/7 Endorsement meet.  Mike VK3XZ said he would give it a try.

Bob KK6KMU

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

24/7 Update.
Band conditions were not great last night.  80 meters seemed better than 40meters.  QSO's with members Dave KB3RAN, Bob K4VBM,  Alan KA5VZG, Stan W9SMR, and Don KC4OBB.  I did see a few others PODXS members they were but too weak to try.  Also made contact with John from Hilo HI KH6DLK and Lew from Australia VK4KLA on 40 meters.  Glad we had the chat room or I would have missed Lew.  Thanks to Alan and Stan for pointing him out.  This week is almost over so join us if you have a chance.

I still have hours 11, 12, and 13 columns completely empty.  I know Alan and Bob stayed up to fill those hours but I just couldn't stay awake. Thanks to all who participated.  See you on the waterfall.

Bob KK6KMU

Jerry N9AVY

Tried to get on last night , but T-storms were overhead. Sorry I missed it.

Jerry n9avy

On Thursday, October 22, 2020, 12:14:36 PM CDT, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

24/7 Update.
Band conditions were not great last night.  80 meters seemed better than 40meters.  QSO's with members Dave KB3RAN, Bob K4VBM,  Alan KA5VZG, Stan W9SMR, and Don KC4OBB.  I did see a few others PODXS members they were but too weak to try.  Also made contact with John from Hilo HI KH6DLK and Lew from Australia VK4KLA on 40 meters.  Glad we had the chat room or I would have missed Lew.  Thanks to Alan and Stan for pointing him out.  This week is almost over so join us if you have a chance.

I still have hours 11, 12, and 13 columns completely empty.  I know Alan and Bob stayed up to fill those hours but I just couldn't stay awake. Thanks to all who participated.  See you on the waterfall.

Bob KK6KMU

malcolm heard

Looking to make contact with anyone who has info regarding Estes Park area 

Malcolm 
Ke0jbt

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 11:34 AM Alan - KA5VZG <ka5vzg@...> wrote:

KB3RAN, N6MG, W4RTT,W6QP

73 KA5VZG

--

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
heardmalcolm2017@...

Leadership • Culture • Talent

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Well I guess I ran out of steam and missed the 10:00Z hour last night.  I will make it tonight seeing its our last night of 24/7 Endorsement unless someone has a plan.

Thanks to all who participated.  Alan, Bob and Stan almost always there.  Appreciate you taking the time.

Bob KK6KMU

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

I have been remiss and missed a bunch of these slots.  I'll be trying to get some 05,06 and 0700 contacts over the weekend and next week.  
I'll set an alarm and be up most of the night tonight starting at 0500.  And back on for the 08,09, maybe the 1000 slots.

Thanks for helping out with getting the squares filled in.
Dave
KB3RAN

Sent: Sat, Oct 24, 2020 2:29 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] 24/7 Endorsement - - Week Three - hour slots 0800z and 0900Z Begins tonight

Well I guess I ran out of steam and missed the 10:00Z hour last night.  I will make it tonight seeing its our last night of 24/7 Endorsement unless someone has a plan.

Thanks to all who participated.  Alan, Bob and Stan almost always there.  Appreciate you taking the time.

Bob KK6KMU

--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381