Topics

Endorsement Award Checker

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Well, I have not uploaded my log in quite some time. So, do we still use the old awards checker to upload our adif logs that has Westbrook or is there a new uploader site to use now? Thanks

Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!

David, K9DWR

We don’t have a replacement for the awards checker yet. The old one should still take uploads (although we can’t guarantee the results).

David

On Oct 16, 2020, at 12:58, Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@gmail.com> wrote:

Well, I have not uploaded my log in quite some time. So, do we still use the old awards checker to upload our adif logs that has Westbrook or is there a new uploader site to use now? Thanks

Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Thanks David - I think that I will wait then - -

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Oct 16, 2020, at 12:58, Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:

Well, I have not uploaded my log in quite some time. So, do we still use the old awards checker to upload our adif logs that has Westbrook or is there a new uploader site to use now?  Thanks

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Jerry N9AVY

This is what the checker spit out this morning. Unfortunately this is the 2rd or 43th time in as many weeks. Duh ! The checker has dementia !

K4VBM has already been credited these endorsements. This is not the only one because there are a few others who who have gone into "reruns". This checker is undoubtedly on its last legs.

" Endorsements have been submitted:

K4VBM 2020-10-16 ALL-GRID [100]
K4VBM 2020-10-16 ALL-GRID [50]
K4VBM 2020-10-16 ALL-GRID-CT
K4VBM 2020-10-16 ALL-GRID-DE
K4VBM 2020-10-16 ALL-GRID-MA
K4VBM 2020-10-16 ALL-GRID-MD
K4VBM 2020-10-16 ALL-GRID-RI"

Jerry n9avy

On Friday, October 16, 2020, 01:01:09 PM CDT, David, K9DWR <david@...> wrote:

We don’t have a replacement for the awards checker yet.  The old one should still take uploads (although we can’t guarantee the results).

David

> On Oct 16, 2020, at 12:58, Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
>
> Well, I have not uploaded my log in quite some time. So, do we still use the old awards checker to upload our adif logs that has Westbrook or is there a new uploader site to use now?  Thanks
>
> Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
> dbmorris315@...
>
> I live to live for Him!

Rick - N7WE

Dan-

I'm continuing to upload.  As far as I can tell, the upload functions fine.  It is down in the "guts" of moving stuff around and automatically linking stuff for administration that seems to be the problem.  I know Jerry - N9AVY is manually tracking new earned endorsements.  And Loren - WA3WZR is doing the same for IOTAs.  I may be wrong, and if so hopefully David or one of the other guys will jump in and correct me, but I see no reason to not upload.  And I think, but am not sure, that the hope is they may be able to salvage all the uploads out of the old Endorsement Checker and transfer them to the new checker when it is ready.  I don't claim to understand everything they are battling, but I sure know it is a massive, massive project!  We all owe them a big THANK YOU for just getting the Contest Scoring working.  Without their efforts 070 Club would have died around the end of 2019.

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Thanks Rick and I too am very grateful that they have taken on this massive project.  I just wish I could in some small way help out, however, I probably know just enough to be dangerous and I’m sure they don’t want that.

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Oct 16, 2020, at 2:24 PM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry
Tnx for the job you and the others that are keeping the boat afloat are doing.  We all appreciate your efforts.  I don't want to throw another problem your way but I've had contacts with three of the newer members and haven't gotten LONP credit.  Looking at the Alpha list, the members after #2786 are not on the members list.  How do we update the list?

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

John:

Same problem here and am sure others have it as well. The checker is SNAFU and whomever updated the alpha list has not kept it up to date.

Jerry

On Friday, October 16, 2020, 01:53:43 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Jerry
Tnx for the job you and the others that are keeping the boat afloat are doing.  We all appreciate your efforts.  I don't want to throw another problem your way but I've had contacts with three of the newer members and haven't gotten LONP credit.  Looking at the Alpha list, the members after #2786 are not on the members list.  How do we update the list?

John
KC3FL

Jerry...
Can we stop throwing rocks at the very folks that are keeping us afloat?
Yes, there's some opportunities to be had with our Awards Checker.
We all know that.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650