Fill Slots

N9JCA Chris Matthews <n9jca.chris@...>

in ACLog Go to Call Book Tab

click on QRZ  ( you have to have a QRZ Account )

INTERNET look up fill in Call and Password and put check mark

in Bottom LEFT corner Close Tab

When you Enter a Call and Tab to next entry

it will show all the Required info you need

If you need to Edit some Info just double RIGHT click on

Call and it will bring up a Separate window

N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797

73

" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

Looks like you have to have a QRZ SUBSCRIPTION – not just an account. I don’t think it’s worth $30/yr just for gridsquares.

Mike
WM4B

click on QRZ ( you have to have a QRZ Account )
INTERNET look up fill in Call and Password and put check mark
in Bottom LEFT corner Close Tab
When you Enter a Call and Tab to next entry
it will show all the Required info you need
If you need to Edit some Info just double RIGHT click on
Call and it will bring up a Separate window
N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797
73
" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

N9JCA Chris Matthews <n9jca.chris@...>

To each their own when you Subscribe to something

All depends on what you do with it

You can get a Lower Subscription if needed

On 01/02/2018 09:31 PM, Mike Besemer wrote:
Looks like you have to have a QRZ SUBSCRIPTION – not just an account. I don’t think it’s worth $30/yr just for gridsquares.

Mike
WM4B

click on QRZ ( you have to have a QRZ Account )
INTERNET look up fill in Call and Password and put check mark
in Bottom LEFT corner Close Tab
When you Enter a Call and Tab to next entry
it will show all the Required info you need
If you need to Edit some Info just double RIGHT click on
Call and it will bring up a Separate window
N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797
73
" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

$30 is the lowest level that provides XML data.

Since most hams provide grid data, I can't see paying for it.  And as Jerry points out, the data on QRZ isn't guaranteed to be accurate.  I'll generally ask for the grid if the ham doesn't provide it, and use QRZ as a last resort.  I can look it up in a matter of seconds while I'm sending a macro.

When you're paying for 2 Master's Degrees, $30 saved is 30 extra dollars in my pocket.

Mike

WM4B

On January 2, 2018 at 4:42 PM N9JCA Chris Matthews <n9jca.chris@...> wrote:

To each their own when you Subscribe to something

All depends on what you do with it

You can get a Lower Subscription if needed

N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797

73

" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

On 01/02/2018 09:31 PM, Mike Besemer wrote:
> Looks like you have to have a QRZ SUBSCRIPTION – not just an account. I don’t think it’s worth $30/yr just for gridsquares.
>
> Mike
> WM4B

Jerry N9AVY

Also, I should mention that there are many calls which have been banned because of things they had posted on their pages and/or in QRZ forums.   What I'm saying is that QRZ is not 100% accurate.  The FCC data base is definitely the most accurate.

Jerry  n9avy

$30 is the lowest level that provides XML data.

Since most hams provide grid data, I can't see paying for it.  And as Jerry points out, the data on QRZ isn't guaranteed to be accurate.  I'll generally ask for the grid if the ham doesn't provide it, and use QRZ as a last resort.  I can look it up in a matter of seconds while I'm sending a macro.

When you're paying for 2 Master's Degrees, $30 saved is 30 extra dollars in my pocket.

Mike
WM4B
On January 2, 2018 at 4:42 PM N9JCA Chris Matthews <n9jca.chris@...> wrote:

To each their own when you Subscribe to something

All depends on what you do with it

You can get a Lower Subscription if needed

N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797

73

" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

On 01/02/2018 09:31 PM, Mike Besemer wrote:
> Looks like you have to have a QRZ SUBSCRIPTION – not just an account. I don’t think it’s worth $30/yr just for gridsquares.
>
> Mike
> WM4B

And some hams have requested that their data not be listed on QRZ. Mine was delisted at my request for a couple of years.

Here’s another resource that’s pretty decent: www.levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php

Mike
WM4B

Also, I should mention that there are many calls which have been banned because of things they had posted on their pages and/or in QRZ forums. What I'm saying is that QRZ is not 100% accurate. The FCC data base is definitely the most accurate.

Jerry n9avy

click on QRZ ( you have to have a QRZ Account )
INTERNET look up fill in Call and Password and put check mark
in Bottom LEFT corner Close Tab
When you Enter a Call and Tab to next entry
it will show all the Required info you need
If you need to Edit some Info just double RIGHT click on
Call and it will bring up a Separate window
N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797
73
" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

Jerry...That's an interesting observation! Out of the literally millions of calls listed  at QRZ.com, What % of those millions of world wide  calls listed has been banned?

Out of the 37,502 Q's I have in my ACLog, is the percentage large enough to even matter?

I am still using ACLog 4.9, and it fills in the grid sq. info for me. I have it set up just the way I described in an earlier post.

Milt.

N6MG

070-650

LONP-76