ACLog

N9JCA Chris Matthews <n9jca.chris@...>

Hi Folks

For those of us that are using N3FJP ACLog

according to Dave's Checker it won't count our grid squares

so what is everyone going to do?

I will still keep my ACLog running and try and find something that

will work when I upload Grid Squares in the future

Let us know what you all think about doing I'll

post something when I find it

HNY to ALL

N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797

" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

Chris,

The checker will count your grid squares just fine, but you have to manually enter the grid squares into ACLog.

Mike
WM4B

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 11:48 AM, N9JCA Chris Matthews wrote:

Hi Folks

For those of us that are using N3FJP ACLog

according to Dave's Checker it won't count our grid squares

so what is everyone going to do?

I will still keep my ACLog running and try and find something that

will work when I upload Grid Squares in the future

Let us know what you all think about doing I'll

post something when I find it

HNY to ALL

N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797

" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

Jim K5SP

Doesn't ACLog pick up the grid when click Edit>Fill fields determined by call?

Jim K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

It might... I never tried. I need to look at that!

Mike
WM4B

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

[...]

Yes it does Jim

Make sure the LAST 2 digits are LOWER Case

I have found out recently that some Grids are coming back

like this : HH34ER  instead of HH34er

I use QRZ interface ( under Callbook Tab ) to fill my empty slots

Mike

Have you made a recent upload to Dave's Checker

and did it accept the Grid Squares

On 01/02/2018 05:08 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

[...]

Yes... I have 173 grid squares showing, which matches my log.  I just went through a big effort to get my log updated with gridsquares that were not previously populated.

Mike
WM4B

in order that I may LEARN how to do it " On 01/02/2018 05:08 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

[...]

Jerry N9AVY

My ACLog works fine.  Grids have to be entered manually.  After you log contact you need to hit "edit" and enter grid square.  At the bottom of window that opens when you "edit" there is a  button that is marked "DONE"  ... click on it and Grid square will be in checker. Checker counts my grid squares.

Am using ACLog 5.3

Jerry n9avy

For those of us that are using N3FJP ACLog

according to Dave's Checker it won't count our grid squares

so what is everyone going to do?

I will still keep my ACLog running and try and find something that

will work when I upload Grid Squares in the future

Let us know what you all think about doing I'll

post something when I find it

HNY to ALL

N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797

" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

Jerry N9AVY

Don't count on QRZ data to be accurate.  Some stations have changed QTHs and grids weren't changed.  Same goes for IOTAs because some people haven't a clue what constitutes an IOTA.

You should only be using data you copy off the air.

Jerry  n9avy

[...]

Jim...
I've been using ACLog for 15 years now, and you are absolutely correct.
When you go to the menu, and select "Fill fields determined by call" it does it from there on.
You don't have to do it each time.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

[...]

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542

ACLog 6.0 will take the grid automatically from fldigi.

KI4VMK
# 2542

On Jan 2, 2018, at 11:41 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
[...]

seems like question answered

Dave's Checker WILL take our Grid Squares

Thanks to ALL for your Input

N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797

--
" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

With ACLog, you have a choice of data sources for "auto-fill".

Click on "CallBook", then you're presented with 4 "CallBook" options, and you may choose more than 1.

I think there are those amongst us that would say something negative about a winning "Power Ball" ticket!

Milt

N6MG

070-650

LONP #76

[...]

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Is there a reason the checker does not do the grid squares and would there be a remedy for that??

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jan 2, 2018, at 11:48 AM, N9JCA Chris Matthews <n9jca.chris@...> wrote:

Hi Folks

For those of us that are using N3FJP ACLog

according to Dave's Checker it won't count our grid squares

so what is everyone going to do?

I will still keep my ACLog running and try and find something that

will work when I upload Grid Squares in the future

Let us know what you all think about doing I'll

post something when I find it

HNY to ALL

N9JCA Chris PODXS # 797

" I'm always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Ahaa, So the checker does do the grid squares.  Well, the program I use, PSK Express put the grid square in ACLog so I don’t have to manually enter it.  Thank goodness.  But, then again, I don’t really get in to doing grid squares.  Just whatever I get on those I get.  Maybe some day I’ll consider it but just not my thing right now.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!