10M

Randy True

Prop looks OK on 10 if anyone wants to give it a try.

I'll be at 10.140 + 1500

1330UTC

Randy W4RTT

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Randy - Did you mean 10 meters or 30 meters??    I’m willing to try 10M but you said you would be on
10.140!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 29, 2017, at 8:30 AM, Randy True <w4rttrandy@...> wrote:

Prop looks OK on 10 if anyone wants to give it a try.

I'll be at 10.140 + 1500
1330UTC

Randy W4RTT

Randy True

Sorry Meant 30M/10mhz

Randy W4RTT

Randy - Did you mean 10 meters or 30 meters??    I’m willing to try 10M but you said you would be on
10.140!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 29, 2017, at 8:30 AM, Randy True <w4rttrandy@...> wrote:

Prop looks OK on 10 if anyone wants to give it a try.

I'll be at 10.140 + 1500
1330UTC

Randy W4RTT

Dan Morris - KZ3T

No problem - I’m on 10.140 but not hearing anything.

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 29, 2017, at 8:56 AM, Randy True <w4rttrandy@...> wrote:

Sorry Meant 30M/10mhz

Randy W4RTT

Randy - Did you mean 10 meters or 30 meters??    I’m willing to try 10M but you said you would be on
10.140!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 29, 2017, at 8:30 AM, Randy True <w4rttrandy@...> wrote:

Prop looks OK on 10 if anyone wants to give it a try.

I'll be at 10.140 + 1500
1330UTC

Randy W4RTT

Randy True

Been calling for about half an hour.

Randy W4RTT

Randy - Did you mean 10 meters or 30 meters??    I’m willing to try 10M but you said you would be on
10.140!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 29, 2017, at 8:30 AM, Randy True <w4rttrandy@...> wrote:

Prop looks OK on 10 if anyone wants to give it a try.

I'll be at 10.140 + 1500
1330UTC

Randy W4RTT

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

Randy,

I found that the prop isn't the only thing working against PSK31 contacts.  I checked the statistics on PSK Reporter and found that in any given 2 hour period there averages about 1300 - 1500 PSK contacts being made as compared to an average of 838,000 FT8 contacts.
PSK31 seems to be a small percentage of the total activity.  Guess many flew the coop.  I know that I have seen lots of FT8 on both ends of 20m and also at the high end of 40m.

Here's hoping the prodigals return home in 2018.

GL & HNY.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 08:30 AM, Randy True wrote:

Prop looks OK on 10 if anyone wants to give it a try.

I'll be at 10.140 + 1500

1330UTC

Randy W4RTT

Jerry N9AVY

Perhaps some went to FT-8 thing there was more DX activity, but there are not as many DX stations as they may have thought. There was some talk I heard about running FT-8 on DXpeditions, but I think it may have been just that.
Although FT-8 does lend itself well for "599 QSL" contacts.

Still prefer PSK31 for general contacts and getting to know other hams.  Haven't been on SSB for a long time and don't miss it. Read something the other day about phone bands being a big mess with all the idiots.  Guess SSB was always like that from my 40 years experience.

Welcome to the "new and  improved " ham radio -   NOT !

Jerry  n9avy

I found that the prop isn't the only thing working against PSK31 contacts.  I checked the statistics on PSK Reporter and found that in any given 2 hour period there averages about 1300 - 1500 PSK contacts being made as compared to an average of 838,000 FT8 contacts.
PSK31 seems to be a small percentage of the total activity.  Guess many flew the coop.  I know that I have seen lots of FT8 on both ends of 20m and also at the high end of 40m.

Here's hoping the prodigals return home in 2018.

GL & HNY.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 08:30 AM, Randy True wrote:

Prop looks OK on 10 if anyone wants to give it a try.

I'll be at 10.140 + 1500
1330UTC

Randy W4RTT

Randy True

FT8 is a much better weak signal mode as well. I've had many contacts that didn't even show on the waterfall.

Randy W4RTT

I found that the prop isn't the only thing working against PSK31 contacts.  I checked the statistics on PSK Reporter and found that in any given 2 hour period there averages about 1300 - 1500 PSK contacts being made as compared to an average of 838,000 FT8 contacts.
PSK31 seems to be a small percentage of the total activity.  Guess many flew the coop.  I know that I have seen lots of FT8 on both ends of 20m and also at the high end of 40m.

Here's hoping the prodigals return home in 2018.

GL & HNY.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 08:30 AM, Randy True wrote:

Prop looks OK on 10 if anyone wants to give it a try.

I'll be at 10.140 + 1500
1330UTC

Randy W4RTT

Jerry N9AVY

Years ago they used to lock people up for talking to people they can't see !
Jerry  n9avy

[...]

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

Me too, but it’s useless unless all you want to do is chase
grids/states/pick-your-vice. I’ve done quite a bit of FT8, but always come
back to PSK.

Mike
WM4B

[...]

According to bandconditions.com, 30 meters is the only band that’s stable at the moment.  Propagation is an odd thing.

Mike

WM4B

[...]

Or walking down an isle at the grocery store carrying on a conversation with invisible people.
Creepy.

Joe
KSA1PPV  #1482

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 04:22 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

[...]

Oh heck… I do that!

Mike

WM4B

[...]

Ray Clements

Perhaps it would be good if we resumed that practice for people go walking across roadways talking on their telephones without a clue about what is going on around them. They are a hazard both to themselves and to others. They should be locked up for distracted walking.  I believe a few communities have enacted laws to that effect, except the penalty is probably just a monetary fine.
Of course, they might also ban talking on your HT as well as a cell phone.

Ray N9RWC

[...]

Ray,
Like that woman who was so engrossed in her phone at the mall she fell right into a fountain.
LMAO!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 07:03 PM, Ray Clements wrote:

[...]

John Raynsford

"Years ago they used to lock people up for talking to people they can't see !
Jerry  n9avy "s

That's a good one Jerry !  Here in Alaska, they shut down our asylums to reduce
our states budget. Turned 'em loose on our streets, drugs are far cheaper than
maintained public facilities.

Could'nt resist jumping into the conversation with that one.

Cheers !

AL7JK, John   #2094

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 4:57 AM, Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...> wrote:

[...]

Doc

Here in Michigan King John turned them out and paid for drugs and living space !!<G>