Today's summary of Grid activity.

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Dick
TVM for the opportunity to work the 2 grids today.
I missed on DM85 due to mis-reading the posted time yesterday and slept in too late.
Provides something to look fwd to next year.
I would like to say TU to you es ur wife and also to Rick for setting the mobile example.
It is folks like you that keep us entertained.
HNY
Barry
VB7150

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 04:09 pm, Richard Rohrer wrote:
Today's summary of Grid activity.

Started in DM85 and worked a couple of stations, but no one looking for grids.  Did not see many traces on at all. BSeem to be having trouble will low power output.  Stopped at the NM welcome station and tightened all of the connectors in the feed line and that seemed to take care of the problem.

Also propagation seemed to be more to the West from my location in TX/NM than to the East.

Worked Barry, VB7150 when at DM75 and then at DM74.  Worked Rick, N7WE at DM75 and just missed him in DM74.  This was an interesting grid, as I40 just skims the top of it for about 20-30 miles.  Stopped for a few minutes at a rest stop to try and get some additional contacts, but not much action.  Several stations answered my CQ, but then did not come back for QSO.  Propagation seemed to be varying.  It did seem to start favoring East/West direction.
Worked stations in WV, FL, GA, AZ, BC, CA, OR, & WA so not to bad for 50 watts to a hamstick mounted on the side of the mini-van.  The xyl did the driving and suggested stopping at the rest area in DM74 to try to give more opportunity for contacts.

Again the major problem was trying to type on bumpy roads, the keyboard on my Asus laptop seems to be somewhat sensitive.  Heading for a couple of days in Las Vegas (looking for real wildlife, not the kind on the strip) and then on to San Jose for a week.  Will be back on the road to Southren CA around Salton Sea and then on to TX coast.

73
Dick
KC3EF

Richard Rohrer

Hi Barry,

Tnx for your kind comments.  It is fun to be on the other side of a effort instead of sitting at the home station trying to work one.  My xyl is great as a wife of a ham operator.  She understands the grid chase and wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to work me in any of the rarer grids.

We are continuing across I40 thru AZ and then up US92 to Las Vegas.  If anyone needs any of the AZ grids let me know.

73

Dick

KC3EF

[...]

Still looking for DM53 but way off route. Maybe we can work on that for next year.
Enjoy the travels.
Barry

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 06:06 pm, Richard Rohrer wrote:

Hi Barry,

Tnx for your kind comments.  It is fun to be on the other side of a effort instead of sitting at the home station trying to work one.  My xyl is great as a wife of a ham operator.  She understands the grid chase and wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to work me in any of the rarer grids.

We are continuing across I40 thru AZ and then up US92 to Las Vegas.  If anyone needs any of the AZ grids let me know.

73

Dick

KC3EF

Richard Rohrer

Hi Barry,

We are not going the that far South.  I will let you know if we will go thru that grid on our way to TX in Jan.

73

Dick

KC3EF