Replying to Welcome Messages

Jim K5SP

I send out the welcome messages to new members right after I send them their membership email.

When you reply to one of those welcome messages most likely the new member has not requested access to the group, therefore they may not see your response.

When I send the welcome message it goes to the group and the new member via his email address, so maybe a reply to all might ensure he gets your response.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Paula K7PAX #1739

Thanks Jim, I will try to remember that

Paula K7PAX

On Dec 27, 2017, at 11:29 AM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

I send out the welcome messages to new members right after I send them their membership email.

When you reply to one of those welcome messages most likely the new member has not requested access to the group, therefore they may not see your response.

When I send the welcome message it goes to the group and the new member via his email address, so maybe a reply to all might ensure he gets your response.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Jim,

I've often wondered about that.

The new member is notified, and may, or may not have signed up on the email reflector?

Am I reading this correctly?

Milt.

070-650

LONP #76

Working on a 4 el., 40m yagi...The trick is how to use it on an APE expedition with Freddy, W0PE...

I send out the welcome messages to new members right after I send them their membership email.

When you reply to one of those welcome messages most likely the new member has not requested access to the group, therefore they may not see your response.

When I send the welcome message it goes to the group and the new member via his email address, so maybe a reply to all might ensure he gets your response.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Jim K5SP

Milt, that is correct.
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Jim
I reply using web interface at https://groups.io/g/070Club/message/54514
I do not seem to find any way to Reply All
HNY
Barry

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 11:29 am, Jim K5SP wrote:
I send out the welcome messages to new members right after I send them their membership email.

When you reply to one of those welcome messages most likely the new member has not requested access to the group, therefore they may not see your response.

When I send the welcome message it goes to the group and the new member via his email address, so maybe a reply to all might ensure he gets your response.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

WOWEE

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 12:07 pm, Milton Garb wrote:

Milt.

Working on a 4 el., 40m yagi...The trick is how to use it on an APE expedition with Freddy, W0PE...

Jim K5SP

Yeah, I discovered that after I sent that message.  Will have to figure out how to make sure replies get to the new member if they are not on the reflector.

Jim, K5SP

On 12/27/2017 5:55 PM, Barry 1470 via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

If all goes as planned, we'll be able to work on ground wave!

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 12:07 pm, Milton Garb wrote:

Milt.

Working on a 4 el., 40m yagi...The trick is how to use it on an APE expedition with Freddy, W0PE...

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Jim
Maybe we cud take the approach that their application includes
membership in the group and sign them up when approved. That way they
wud see the emails.
regards
Barry

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 05:35 pm, Jim K5SP wrote:
[...]

Ray Clements

I do not believe it is wise to add members to the group without their prior permission. This group has a lot of traffic, especially during special events. There have been a few times I have been inundated with emails and considered dropping my name from the group. However, since my Internet connection is very fast, I just delete the 070 emails I do not wish to read.

Not all members have high-speed Internet with unlimited usage. For those with limited Internet speeds or metered usage, the volume of email generated by the group could be problematic.

I suggest that the application form be modified to ask the question "Would you like to be included in the 070Club group on groups.io? This will enable you to send and receive emails to and from other group members.  Please indicate:  Yes / No ?"

Ray N9RWC

[...]

Well stated Ray. Many members have more than one email, and it is not possible for management to determine which one they would want to register to the reflector with.

Not all members belong to the group, for example we have 2586 members and only a small fraction belong to the 070 group, and even smaller to 070_contests group.

JIM K5SP