80 mtrs

I took a look at 80 meters around 01:00 z tonight, and 3.578 to 3.582 was wall to wall FT4.  If they are there next week end we will have a tough time with our sprint.  Any suggestions on how we should handle this?  It was clear from 3.583 to 3.587 but not sure if any other mode uses this section.

John
KC3FL

Leland Sly

It's actually FT8.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 8:50 PM John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I took a look at 80 meters around 01:00 z tonight, and 3.578 to 3.582 was wall to wall FT4.  If they are there next week end we will have a tough time with our sprint.  Any suggestions on how we should handle this?  It was clear from 3.583 to 3.587 but not sure if any other mode uses this section.

John
KC3FL

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

I think this weekend was some contest called WW DIGI DX. I think the only modes allowed were FT8 and 4. Someone in our club up here put on our reflector. Maybe that’s why so crowded.

Steve
VA3FLF

On Aug 29, 2020, at 21:50, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

I took a look at 80 meters around 01:00 z tonight, and 3.578 to 3.582 was wall to wall FT4.  If they are there next week end we will have a tough time with our sprint.  Any suggestions on how we should handle this?  It was clear from 3.583 to 3.587 but not sure if any other mode uses this section.

John
KC3FL

Leland Sly

I believe the "default" frequencies for these digital modes are these...

3.570 USB JT65
3.572 USB JT9
3.573 USB FT8
3.575 USB FT4
3.580 USB PSK

So it doesn't appear to me that there will be a problem next weekend.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 8:52 PM Leland Sly via groups.io <lee.n5sly=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
It's actually FT8.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 8:50 PM John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I took a look at 80 meters around 01:00 z tonight, and 3.578 to 3.582 was wall to wall FT4.  If they are there next week end we will have a tough time with our sprint.  Any suggestions on how we should handle this?  It was clear from 3.583 to 3.587 but not sure if any other mode uses this section.

John
KC3FL

Leland Sly

Opps...sorry John.  I went back and reread your email and looked and sure enough there was a lot of FT4 activity on 3.580.  Hopefully it's just the contest this weekend.

Forgive me.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 9:07 PM Leland Sly via groups.io <lee.n5sly=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Bo W4GHV

And FT4

Wasn't aware of the contest.  Hopefully we'll be in the clear next week end.  Whatever the case it looked like there was good propagation on 80.

John
KC3FL