APE weather in the NW

K8TOM

We pay for it in the winter, but late summer and fall in the Pacific NW, aaah...yes.

Hope yours is excellent as well,

73,
Tom
K8TOM

Rick - N7WE

Oh I remember it well!  Wish I was there instead of sweating with the oldies!  Sent from Florida where dinner is at 4PM and it is usually hurricane season!  Hi hi!

Richard Rohrer

Rick, it could be 110 degrees like in Phoenix, hi hi.  But remember its dry heat.  Seems like temps in FL are not as bad as some other parts of the country.  We were working in MD a couple of weeks ago and it was in the high 90's all of the time.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Roger that Dick!  No matter where you are...it could be worse!  Laura isn't headed our way.  Dodged another one.

Are you guys planning a road trip west for the fall?  I, and many other grid chasers, always enjoy you trips!  Hi to Kathy - super navigator and pilot of Grid Expeditions.

Richard Rohrer

Hi Rick,

Like everything else its up in the air.  The event we would be attending in Las Vega will either be canceled or not allowing spectators, so that is off the list.  Kathy has been trip planning thru the Gulf states to AZ and then back to hit some of the less activated grids in TX, but with the potential hurricane damage that might be reconsidered.  We were planning on going on a short trip around MS and AL to get some of the grids I want to transmit from, but we have been going up to MD for work and will be heading up there for two more weeks this weekend.  This Covid travel restrictions really have the xyl bummed out.  We have been home more this year since we moved to FL.

Have not been very active, but did get two APEs.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Rick - N7WE

Thanks Dick.  We are all looking forward to another trip by you two and chasing grids.  Great fun!  Especially for us who are pretty much tied to home - Covid or not.  And to think, being "rock bound" used to mean we only had crystals.  Now I have dual VFOs and am "bound to the rock."  Ain't life funny?