Bob on 30m cq'n

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

JEFF WALSH

Bob still cq'n on 30m  at 21:22 zulu

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, August 22, 2020, 04:13:26 PM CDT, JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@...> wrote:

Bob on 30m cq'n

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

Richard Rohrer

HI Jeff,

Just worked him.  My first APE this year.

Stan is supposed to be on 20, but I have not found him as of yet.

73
Dick - KC3EF

JEFF WALSH

Dick ...... congrats on bagging ur first APE .... no sign of Stan in MS on 20m

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, August 22, 2020, 04:32:08 PM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

HI Jeff,

Just worked him.  My first APE this year.

Stan is supposed to be on 20, but I have not found him as of yet.

73

Dick - KC3EF

Stephen Melachrinos

I haven't seen either of them on any band above 30m.

Dick ...... congrats on bagging ur first APE .... no sign of Stan in MS on 20m

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, August 22, 2020, 04:32:08 PM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

HI Jeff,

Just worked him.  My first APE this year.

Stan is supposed to be on 20, but I have not found him as of yet.

73

Dick - KC3EF

JEFF WALSH

Steve ..APE sightings so far this year have been minimal .... they have been very elusive .... almost like the real Bigfoot..... but perseverance usually pays off ..... good luck and happy hunting  !!!!!!

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, August 22, 2020, 04:37:00 PM CDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

I haven't seen either of them on any band above 30m.

Dick ...... congrats on bagging ur first APE .... no sign of Stan in MS on 20m

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, August 22, 2020, 04:32:08 PM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

HI Jeff,

Just worked him.  My first APE this year.

Stan is supposed to be on 20, but I have not found him as of yet.

73

Dick - KC3EF

JEFF WALSH

Based on my experience hunting these APEs they are usually attracted to a strong signal but have been know to go after a marginal signal .....hi hi

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, August 22, 2020, 04:48:12 PM CDT, JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@...> wrote:

Steve ..APE sightings so far this year have been minimal .... they have been very elusive .... almost like the real Bigfoot..... but perseverance usually pays off ..... good luck and happy hunting  !!!!!!

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU

Dick ...... congrats on bagging ur first APE .... no sign of Stan in MS on 20m

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, August 22, 2020, 04:32:08 PM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

HI Jeff,

Just worked him.  My first APE this year.

Stan is supposed to be on 20, but I have not found him as of yet.

73

Dick - KC3EF

John Hendry KG5OIB

Just got Bob on 30 meters!    So I've got 3 so far today.    I should have gone to my own POTA park today, but I'm going to do that tomorrow, and hopefully get a park to park with the guys (and parks for anyone else!)

This has been fun APE hunting today, in very trying conditions!

John

     de  KG5OIB

     John Hendry

     Decatur, Wise County, Texas

     LOC:  EM13eg

T-storms passed and got on in time to work Bob on 30m!  This chasing APE is fun!  Bob was a strong 599 into central FL at 2252 UTC.

stan W9SMR

Pizza Dinner completed!!

Bob calling away on 30M

Stan on 40M.

Plan to be here for a hal hour more. Until 7:45 approx.

73, Come catch us!

Bob KC9UR

Stan W9SMR

T-storms passed and got on in time to work Bob on 30m! This chasing APE is fun! Bob was a strong 599 into central FL at 2252 UTC.

What's the schedule for tomorrow?

Made a run to Frisco with plans on getting home earlier. Then Hwy 380 was backed up for miles. Threw in the towel and decided to stop in Denton to eat. Getting ready for final 30+ miles soon. This day has been a complete fiasco!

Only have Dtan in log on 30m yesterday.

BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, August 22, 2020, 05:59:35 PM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

T-storms passed and got on in time to work Bob on 30m!  This chasing APE is fun!  Bob was a strong 599 into central FL at 2252 UTC.

stan W9SMR

We a re still on 40M and will move to 80M and 40M soon. Bob saw an Alert for 6M and is calling up there now.

We negotiated a late checkout (standard is 11:00 a.m. / we need to be out by 2 p.m.)

So we hope to be on from about 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

We know folks need some new bands, but those have been a big disappointment so far. We will try to spread the spectrum as much as will work.

Thank you all for your fabulous support. We APEs could not do it alone!

73,
Bob KC9UR
Stan W9SMR

Made a run to Frisco with plans on getting home earlier. Then Hwy 380 was backed up for miles. Threw in the towel and decided to stop in Denton to eat. Getting ready for final 30+ miles soon. This day has been a complete fiasco!

Only have Dtan in log on 30m yesterday.

T-storms passed and got on in time to work Bob on 30m! This chasing APE is fun! Bob was a strong 599 into central FL at 2252 UTC.

Jim, K5SP #483

At 1442 UTC you are strong into central Florida at 18.098.550 Stan.

stan W9SMR

TU Rick...So it is not the Propagation, it's the Participation ...

At 1442 UTC you are strong into central Florida at 18.098.550 Stan.

JEFF WALSH

No sign of you here in MS on 17m ....would like to participate .....

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Sunday, August 23, 2020, 09:49:26 AM CDT, stan robinson <robinstan@...> wrote:

TU Rick...So it is not the Propagation, it's the Participation ...

At 1442 UTC you are strong into central Florida at 18.098.550 Stan.

Don - KM4UDX

well, I was in the wrong place, as usual. I found 'em and it all works out great. And now I know my rig actually works on 30m haha. yeehaa and thanks to all.
--
Don, km4udx, uBITX, and other obscure acronyms go here...