8TH Annual KC9UR POTA Portable APE - 2020


stan W9SMR
 

8TH Annual KC9UR POTA Portable APE - 2020

 

Bob, KC9UR and Stan, W9SMR are preparing for our 8th Annual APE this coming weekend and we want to thank all for your fantastic support in the past.

As you know, we offer a custom QSL card and the much coveted APE Hunter Certificate for working us on 3 or more bands.

In our first 7 years, we have awarded the APE Hunter Certificate to 47 different individuals. Our most dedicated follower has been Jeff, W3WMU, who grabbed that award all 7 years. See the table below for those earning the award for 3 or more years.

Take special note, also, of the astounding 2016 APE when Bill, N4GBK worked us on 8 bands and Matt, AK4MK worked us on 7 bands. We can only dream of a return to propagation like that.

This year we will be setting up in a cabin at the Trine State Recreation Area (POTA K-4182) in Grid EN71.

We begin setup on Friday afternoon August 21 and expect to operate until noonish on Sunday, August 23.  We are currently planning to operate on 80m through 6m, and are considering adding an antenna for 160m.  Please let us know if you would like to try to contact us on 160m – if there are enough interested, we will add the 160m antenna and give it a go!



Let the APE Hunt begin!!  We will work hard to get you in the log.

73,

Bob KC9UR
Stan W9SMR


JEFF WALSH
 


Gentlemen:
As always looking forward to the KC9UR APE 🦍 extravaganza!
Jeff 
W3WMU 

On Aug 18, 2020, at 1:48 PM, stan robinson <robinstan@...> wrote:



8TH Annual KC9UR POTA Portable APE - 2020

 

Bob, KC9UR and Stan, W9SMR are preparing for our 8th Annual APE this coming weekend and we want to thank all for your fantastic support in the past.

As you know, we offer a custom QSL card and the much coveted APE Hunter Certificate for working us on 3 or more bands.

In our first 7 years, we have awarded the APE Hunter Certificate to 47 different individuals. Our most dedicated follower has been Jeff, W3WMU, who grabbed that award all 7 years. See the table below for those earning the award for 3 or more years.

Take special note, also, of the astounding 2016 APE when Bill, N4GBK worked us on 8 bands and Matt, AK4MK worked us on 7 bands. We can only dream of a return to propagation like that.

This year we will be setting up in a cabin at the Trine State Recreation Area (POTA K-4182) in Grid EN71.

We begin setup on Friday afternoon August 21 and expect to operate until noonish on Sunday, August 23.  We are currently planning to operate on 80m through 6m, and are considering adding an antenna for 160m.  Please let us know if you would like to try to contact us on 160m – if there are enough interested, we will add the 160m antenna and give it a go!

<dummyfile.0.part>


Let the APE Hunt begin!!  We will work hard to get you in the log.

73,

Bob KC9UR
Stan W9SMR


JEFF WALSH
 

Bob and Stan:
I am always able to work 160m. 
Have a dedicated full size wire dipole for 160m. 
Aaaah ......the advantages of living in the country. 
Hopefully others will want to try 160m. 

Looking forward to seeing the KC9UR APE 🦍 expedition callsign come across my computer screen this weekend but more importantly working you on at least 3 bands!!
Aaaah.... The thrill of the chase!

I encourage all members to go for the “Highly Coveted“ KC9UR APE certificate. 

Jeff 
W3WMU 




On Aug 18, 2020, at 2:34 PM, JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@...> wrote:


Gentlemen:
As always looking forward to the KC9UR APE 🦍 extravaganza!
Jeff 
W3WMU 

On Aug 18, 2020, at 1:48 PM, stan robinson <robinstan@...> wrote:



8TH Annual KC9UR POTA Portable APE - 2020

 

Bob, KC9UR and Stan, W9SMR are preparing for our 8th Annual APE this coming weekend and we want to thank all for your fantastic support in the past.

As you know, we offer a custom QSL card and the much coveted APE Hunter Certificate for working us on 3 or more bands.

In our first 7 years, we have awarded the APE Hunter Certificate to 47 different individuals. Our most dedicated follower has been Jeff, W3WMU, who grabbed that award all 7 years. See the table below for those earning the award for 3 or more years.

Take special note, also, of the astounding 2016 APE when Bill, N4GBK worked us on 8 bands and Matt, AK4MK worked us on 7 bands. We can only dream of a return to propagation like that.

This year we will be setting up in a cabin at the Trine State Recreation Area (POTA K-4182) in Grid EN71.

We begin setup on Friday afternoon August 21 and expect to operate until noonish on Sunday, August 23.  We are currently planning to operate on 80m through 6m, and are considering adding an antenna for 160m.  Please let us know if you would like to try to contact us on 160m – if there are enough interested, we will add the 160m antenna and give it a go!

<dummyfile.0.part>


Let the APE Hunt begin!!  We will work hard to get you in the log.

73,

Bob KC9UR
Stan W9SMR


Bob KC9UR
 

Just a reminder that Stan W9SMR, and I, Bob, KC9UR, are on track to start our APE  sometime this afternoon, and continuing through Sunday morning.  We will be running two bands at a time, probably starting on 40m and 20m.  We are offering a nice certificate for all who work us on 3 or more bands.  We have antennas covering 80m - 6m, and may also try 160m if we can find room for an inverted L.  We will provide updates on this forum.  We are looking forward to working lots of you, and will do our best to get you in our log.  APE On!!!

Bob, KC9UR and
Stan, W9AND


Phil Van Huis
 

Hello 070 Club.

 

I just worked my first POTA QSO.  The station is KI4LLS and he is calling from the Fairy Story State Park in Virginia.  He is on 20 meters at the present time.  FYI.

 

73, Phil, K8PVH

 

 

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob KC9UR
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2020 6:58 AM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] 8TH Annual KC9UR POTA Portable APE - 2020

 

Just a reminder that Stan W9SMR, and I, Bob, KC9UR, are on track to start our APE  sometime this afternoon, and continuing through Sunday morning.  We will be running two bands at a time, probably starting on 40m and 20m.  We are offering a nice certificate for all who work us on 3 or more bands.  We have antennas covering 80m - 6m, and may also try 160m if we can find room for an inverted L.  We will provide updates on this forum.  We are looking forward to working lots of you, and will do our best to get you in our log.  APE On!!!

Bob, KC9UR and
Stan, W9AND


Phil Van Huis
 

Correction;  The POTA Call sign is KI4LLA,  KI$LLA. 

K8PVH

 

 

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Phil Van Huis
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2020 1:48 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] 8TH Annual KC9UR POTA Portable APE - 2020

 

Hello 070 Club.

 

I just worked my first POTA QSO.  The station is KI4LLS and he is calling from the Fairy Story State Park in Virginia.  He is on 20 meters at the present time.  FYI.

 

73, Phil, K8PVH

 

 

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob KC9UR
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2020 6:58 AM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] 8TH Annual KC9UR POTA Portable APE - 2020

 

Just a reminder that Stan W9SMR, and I, Bob, KC9UR, are on track to start our APE  sometime this afternoon, and continuing through Sunday morning.  We will be running two bands at a time, probably starting on 40m and 20m.  We are offering a nice certificate for all who work us on 3 or more bands.  We have antennas covering 80m - 6m, and may also try 160m if we can find room for an inverted L.  We will provide updates on this forum.  We are looking forward to working lots of you, and will do our best to get you in our log.  APE On!!!

Bob, KC9UR and
Stan, W9AND


Rick - N7WE
 

Bob & Stan-
At 1820 UTC.  Been watching for you - hoping you'd get on air before our T-storms got here, but they are getting close.  I'm disconnecting and going QRT for now.  Hope to be back later if they subside.  Good Luck!  Have Fun!  Go APE!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


JEFF WALSH
 

The boys are on 20 and 40 now .... solid copy on 40m here in MS ... but 20m is ruff here in MS but i bagged 2 so far  ..... go get em !!!!!

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
#1673
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.


On Friday, August 21, 2020, 01:22:54 PM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:


Bob & Stan-
At 1820 UTC.  Been watching for you - hoping you'd get on air before our T-storms got here, but they are getting close.  I'm disconnecting and going QRT for now.  Hope to be back later if they subside.  Good Luck!  Have Fun!  Go APE!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602