Christmas Run 2017

Rick - N7WE

It's almost here!  Don't forget!

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

TU 4 reminder Rick.
I am standing by awaiting Xmas eve for the fun to begin.
Wish everyone a Happy Holiday
Barry
VB7150 (for another two weeks only)

B C <k9wis@...>

That pic is very appropriate for the contest..that would be me running from the xyl if she found me in the shack on Christmas day instead of being with her and the family...hi hi

Brian K9WIS

---- Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@gmail.com> wrote:

--------------------------------
It's almost here!  Don't forget!

--------------------------------

--
*Rick - N7WE*
*070 - #1602*

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

Aw, man, SWMBO won't spare you a couple hours, perhaps, between opening presents and eating dinner?

*SMILE*

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

---- Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
> --------------------------------
> It's almost here!  Don't forget!
>
> --------------------------------
>
> --
> *Rick - N7WE*
> *070 - #1602*

JEFF WALSH

There has always been lots of signals on Christmas day ..... lots of hams trying out goodies that Santa brought ...... always had good luck getting 25 qso's

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

---- Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
> ------------------------------ --
> It's almost here!  Don't forget!
>
> ------------------------------ --
>
> --
> *Rick - N7WE*
> *070 - #1602*

Rick - N7WE

I too will be absent on Christmas, but for those who are not so fortunate as to have family and friends close, or just need a short getaway, know that some of your 070 family will be on the air looking to wish you Merry Christmas and help you make those 25 QSOs!

Stephen Melachrinos

The family is renting a cabin in the NC mountains, and all my kids and grandkids will be there. I've mentioned to my wife the fact that I'd miss 25 on 25 (again!) and I didn't get the "why don't you bring the radio" response I had hoped. So I'll likely miss this one again.

I too will be absent on Christmas, but for those who are not so fortunate as to have family and friends close, or just need a short getaway, know that some of your 070 family will be on the air looking to wish you Merry Christmas and help you make those 25 QSOs!

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Steve

Why don't you bring the radio.

merry xmas
Barry

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 03:30 pm, Stephen Melachrinos wrote:
The family is renting a cabin in the NC mountains, and all my kids and grandkids will be there. I've mentioned to my wife the fact that I'd miss 25 on 25 (again!) and I didn't get the "why don't you bring the radio" response I had hoped. So I'll likely miss this one again.

K8TOM

Barry,

Maybe I'm just a tad pessimistic--but with the prop that we've had lately I'm a little edgy about the chances of finding 25 on 25 on the left coast.  Perhaps St. Nick will send a bit of a blessing to our airwaves.

Merry Christmas to All es 73,

Tom
K8TOM
815

Arthur Peters

Tom,

Too bad I won’t have a radio as we are visiting my daughter in Edmonds …. Likely a chip shot for you and Barry.

73,

Art Peters, K0ACP
k0acp@...

On Dec 18, 2017, at 7:38 PM, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

Barry,

Maybe I'm just a tad pessimistic--but with the prop that we've had lately I'm a little edgy about the chances of finding 25 on 25 on the left coast.  Perhaps St. Nick will send a bit of a blessing to our airwaves.

Merry Christmas to All es 73,

Tom
K8TOM
815

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Tom

It has been many months since I have made 25 contacts in one day.
Maybe Prop gods will be kind. We can but hope.
Barry

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 04:38 pm, K8TOM wrote:
Barry,

Maybe I'm just a tad pessimistic--but with the prop that we've had lately I'm a little edgy about the chances of finding 25 on 25 on the left coast.  Perhaps St. Nick will send a bit of a blessing to our airwaves.

Merry Christmas to All es 73,

Tom
K8TOM
815

Randy True

Guys, you gotta get these gals while they're real young and mold em around to YOUR way of thinking.

Randy W4RTT

The family is renting a cabin in the NC mountains, and all my kids and grandkids will be there. I've mentioned to my wife the fact that I'd miss 25 on 25 (again!) and I didn't get the "why don't you bring the radio" response I had hoped. So I'll likely miss this one again.

I too will be absent on Christmas, but for those who are not so fortunate as to have family and friends close, or just need a short getaway, know that some of your 070 family will be on the air looking to wish you Merry Christmas and help you make those 25 QSOs!

Paula K7PAX #1739

I will be around, but I’m on new puppy duty so don’t know if I will have a lot of time to concentrate – hi hi!

Paula K7PAX

I too will be absent on Christmas, but for those who are not so fortunate as to have family and friends close, or just need a short getaway, know that some of your 070 family will be on the air looking to wish you Merry Christmas and help you make those 25 QSOs!

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

I’m gonna try too, but we’re in the same boat. We’ve got a 50lb Pitbull grandpuppy whose hobbies include counter-surfing and destroying stuffed toys!

I’ll watch for you, Paula.

Mike
WM4B

I will be around, but I’m on new puppy duty so don’t know if I will have a lot of time to concentrate – hi hi!

Paula K7PAX

I too will be absent on Christmas, but for those who are not so fortunate as to have family and friends close, or just need a short getaway, know that some of your 070 family will be on the air looking to wish you Merry Christmas and help you make those 25 QSOs!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Mike, mine is a 14 wk old German Shepherd - we are constantly on potty and chew watch!

I will be around, but I’m on new puppy duty so don’t know if I will have a lot of time to concentrate – hi hi!

Paula K7PAX

I will be around, but I’m on new puppy duty so don’t know if I will have a lot of time to concentrate – hi hi!

Paula K7PAX

I too will be absent on Christmas, but for those who are not so fortunate as to have family and friends close, or just need a short getaway, know that some of your 070 family will be on the air looking to wish you Merry Christmas and help you make those 25 QSOs!

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

I'm jealous!

We lost our 14 1/2 old mutt on August 25th. We felt like we needed to wait for a while before we got another pup and with the holidays and the grandpup coming I'm convinced that was a good decision. Hopefully, when the right dog finds us, I can turn him into a shack-mutt!

73

Mike
WM4B

Mike, mine is a 14 wk old German Shepherd - we are constantly on potty and chew watch!

I will be around, but I’m on new puppy duty so don’t know if I will have a lot of time to concentrate – hi hi!

Paula K7PAX

Mike, mine is a 14 wk old German Shepherd - we are constantly on potty and chew watch!

I will be around, but I’m on new puppy duty so don’t know if I will have a lot of time to concentrate – hi hi!

Paula K7PAX

I too will be absent on Christmas, but for those who are not so fortunate as to have family and friends close, or just need a short getaway, know that some of your 070 family will be on the air looking to wish you Merry Christmas and help you make those 25 QSOs!

Mike Joyce, VE3LTN (CEC)

In order to save trees this message was sent using 100% recycled electrons.

VE3LTN - Mike Joyce - #1763

One thing I forgot to ask - is this 25 PODXS 070 member contacts or is this 25 digital contacts in total - not just PSK 31 of course...
Mike - VE3LTN (CEC)

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 6:16 AM, VE3LTN - Mike Joyce - #1763 <ve3ltn@...> wrote:
[...]

Mike - the guidance for the contest is to "Work 25 PSK-31 QSOs on December 25th 2018 UTC".

It IS PSK-31 only, as is the rest of the club. Maybe that was a typo on your part.