From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Morris
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 2:47 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] WSJT-X

For those who know a lot more about this program than I that might can
answer this question.

I am trying to use WSJT-X and I notice sometimes when I switch back and
forth to ACLog, the WSJT-X waterfall freezes. I cannot find any way to
refresh/sync that waterfall to unfreeze other than restarting the program.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Sound card is working okay and it does not do this when using my regular digital program. I’m using Signalink USB!!

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 15, 2017, at 2:51 PM, brian whoeler <n2mlp@...> wrote:

Sound like sound card  problem

========================
         de N2MLP Brian
       Monroe County PA

========================

For those who know a lot more about this program than I that might can
answer this question.

I am trying to use WSJT-X and I notice sometimes when I switch back and
forth to ACLog, the WSJT-X waterfall freezes.  I cannot find any way to
refresh/sync that waterfall to unfreeze other than restarting the program.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Brian (N2MLP)

Is Aclog looking at address of the  signalink USB?

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

========================

For those who know a lot more about this program than I that might can
answer this question.

I am trying to use WSJT-X and I notice sometimes when I switch back and
forth to ACLog, the WSJT-X waterfall freezes.  I cannot find any way to
refresh/sync that waterfall to unfreeze other than restarting the program.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

Dan,

Are you using the latest version of WSTJ-X or a development version?

If that's not it, it sounds like a resource issue. I run that combination
with no issues.

I'll be glad to help if there is anything I can do.

Mike
WM4B

For those who know a lot more about this program than I that might can
answer this question.

I am trying to use WSJT-X and I notice sometimes when I switch back and
forth to ACLog, the WSJT-X waterfall freezes. I cannot find any way to
refresh/sync that waterfall to unfreeze other than restarting the program.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

No, ACLog has nothing to do with the Signalink as far as I know.  I do not use rig control at all.  The only thing that ties in to the Signalink would be my digital program which is not running at all.

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 15, 2017, at 3:06 PM, brian whoeler <n2mlp@...> wrote:

Is Aclog looking at address of the  signalink USB?

========================
         de N2MLP Brian
       Monroe County PA

<image001.jpg>
========================

For those who know a lot more about this program than I that might can
answer this question.

I am trying to use WSJT-X and I notice sometimes when I switch back and
forth to ACLog, the WSJT-X waterfall freezes.  I cannot find any way to
refresh/sync that waterfall to unfreeze other than restarting the program.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Brian (N2MLP)

How do you have a waterfall if no digital program running

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

========================

For those who know a lot more about this program than I that might can
answer this question.

I am trying to use WSJT-X and I notice sometimes when I switch back and
forth to ACLog, the WSJT-X waterfall freezes.  I cannot find any way to
refresh/sync that waterfall to unfreeze other than restarting the program.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

WSJT-X is the digital program I’m running.  I was talking about the PSK Express program which I use for PSK.  Sri bout that

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 15, 2017, at 6:51 PM, brian whoeler <n2mlp@...> wrote:

How do you have a waterfall if no digital program running

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

<image001.jpg>

========================

For those who know a lot more about this program than I that might can
answer this question.

I am trying to use WSJT-X and I notice sometimes when I switch back and
forth to ACLog, the WSJT-X waterfall freezes.  I cannot find any way to
refresh/sync that waterfall to unfreeze other than restarting the program.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Mike - I’m using the latest version of WSJT-X program.

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 15, 2017, at 4:38 PM, Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...> wrote:

Dan,

Are you using the latest version of WSTJ-X or a development version?

If that's not it, it sounds like a resource issue.  I run that combination
with no issues.

I'll be glad to help if there is anything I can do.

Mike
WM4B

For those who know a lot more about this program than I that might can
answer this question.

I am trying to use WSJT-X and I notice sometimes when I switch back and
forth to ACLog, the WSJT-X waterfall freezes.  I cannot find any way to
refresh/sync that waterfall to unfreeze other than restarting the program.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Rick - N7WE

Dan-

Again I'm not knowledgeable on ACLog, but using JTAlert with HRD, WSJT-X creates a log entry in its log file and JTALERT automatically transfers the log entry and notifies you that it was successfully logged in HRD. For some time, JTAlert did not support ACLog.  I understand it now does.  I think when that happened it solved the problems with some info not transferring, but I'm not sure.  There is a JTAlert groups.io called HamApps     https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/topics.  It has lots of postings about ACLog both before and after they started supporting it.  Hope that helps.

On 12/15/2017 18:54, Dan Morris wrote:
rick — Well, I do not use JT Alert — I heard some data fields are not transferred over to ACLog.  But, I may give it a try and see what happens.  When I log the call in WSJT-X , does that automatically log the contact in ACLog also???

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

thanks Rick

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 15, 2017, at 7:44 PM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike Flowers

My version of ACLog has some features like ‘Voice Navigation’ and Audio Alerts. I’ve not found where in ACLog that you get to select the playback device, so I’m left to conclude that ACLog uses the default playback device for these features.

Is there any possibility that the SignaLink sound card has become the default playback device? Perhaps if this has happened, then WSJT-X and ACLog are contending for the SignaLink sound card.

Just a wild guess ...

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Dec 15, 2017, at 11:46 AM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@gmail.com> wrote:

For those who know a lot more about this program than I that might can answer this question.

I am trying to use WSJT-X and I notice sometimes when I switch back and forth to ACLog, the WSJT-X waterfall freezes. I cannot find any way to refresh/sync that waterfall to unfreeze other than restarting the program. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

that is a possibility!!

Dan Morris

On Dec 15, 2017, at 11:46 AM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:

For those who know a lot more about this program than I that might can answer this question.

I am trying to use WSJT-X and I notice sometimes when I switch back and forth to ACLog, the WSJT-X waterfall freezes.  I cannot find any way to refresh/sync that waterfall to unfreeze other than restarting the program.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Mike Flowers

ACLog seems to use Windows Media Player, so see if you can find which sound card that is using.  I’m assuming you have 2 sound cards - SignaLink and PC.

WSJT-X should be on the SignaLink, of course.