From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Morris
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 8:42 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] 40M

Wow, 40M is awful quiet. I’ve been calling for about 1/2 hour now and not a trace of a signal!!!

Dan Morris KZ3T
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Yea, right after I sent that email, N2CST gave me a call!! Go figure hihi

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 15, 2017, at 9:49 AM, Harry Wilkins <k9hw@...> wrote:

See you and N2CST here in Minneapolis.  Not great signal strength and QSB makes print difficult but radable (mostly).

Harry K9HW

Wow, 40M is awful quiet.  I’ve been calling for about 1/2 hour now and not a trace of a signal!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

I rarely see anything (PSK-31wise, anyhow) on forty meters unless it's at night.  Could be my antenna setup, or just that I'm not looking that diligently on forty.

Glad you got somebody at least!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Wow, 40M is awful quiet.  I’ve been calling for about 1/2 hour now and not a trace of a signal!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

Matt,
40m is the same here.  Your antenna is OK.
I get a few hours in the evening and that's it.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 03:50 PM, Matthew King - AK4MK wrote:

I rarely see anything (PSK-31wise, anyhow) on forty meters unless it's at night.  Could be my antenna setup, or just that I'm not looking that diligently on forty.

Glad you got somebody at least!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Wow, 40M is awful quiet.  I’ve been calling for about 1/2 hour now and not a trace of a signal!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Randy True

I can see PSK31 signals virtually 24hrs a day.

What antenna are you using?

Randy W4RTT

I rarely see anything (PSK-31wise, anyhow) on forty meters unless it's at night.  Could be my antenna setup, or just that I'm not looking that diligently on forty.

Glad you got somebody at least!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Wow, 40M is awful quiet.  I’ve been calling for about 1/2 hour now and not a trace of a signal!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

JEFF WALSH

40m is usually quiet here in MS during daylight hours also

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 12:37 PM, Randy True <w4rttrandy@...> wrote:

I can see PSK31 signals virtually 24hrs a day.
What antenna are you using?
Randy W4RTT

I rarely see anything (PSK-31wise, anyhow) on forty meters unless it's at night.  Could be my antenna setup, or just that I'm not looking that diligently on forty.

Glad you got somebody at least!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Wow, 40M is awful quiet.  I’ve been calling for about 1/2 hour now and not a trace of a signal!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

Randy - I see PSK31 signals most all the time, but not on 40m. That seems to be a very late afternoon/evening/night band for me. 20m seems to work from a bit after sun up to evening time.  I'm using both a Hustler 6BTV (over 40 radials) and a 20m Extended Double Zepp oriented NE/SW. The Hustler is the 40m antenna and I alternate between them on 20m.

73 from my phone

Matt
AK4MK

On Dec 16, 2017 1:37 PM, "Randy True" <w4rttrandy@...> wrote:

I can see PSK31 signals virtually 24hrs a day.

What antenna are you using?

Randy W4RTT

I rarely see anything (PSK-31wise, anyhow) on forty meters unless it's at night.  Could be my antenna setup, or just that I'm not looking that diligently on forty.

Glad you got somebody at least!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Wow, 40M is awful quiet.  I’ve been calling for about 1/2 hour now and not a trace of a signal!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

Hey Randy,
How about we all move next door to you???

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 04:17 PM, JEFF WALSH wrote:

40m is usually quiet here in MS during daylight hours also

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU

I rarely see anything (PSK-31wise, anyhow) on forty meters unless it's at night.  Could be my antenna setup, or just that I'm not looking that diligently on forty.

Glad you got somebody at least!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Wow, 40M is awful quiet.  I’ve been calling for about 1/2 hour now and not a trace of a signal!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Randy True

 didn't say they could see ME.

Randy W4RTT

I rarely see anything (PSK-31wise, anyhow) on forty meters unless it's at night.  Could be my antenna setup, or just that I'm not looking that diligently on forty.

Glad you got somebody at least!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Wow, 40M is awful quiet.  I’ve been calling for about 1/2 hour now and not a trace of a signal!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

At least if we could see something we could cling to hope.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 07:37 PM, Randy True wrote:

 didn't say they could see ME.

Randy W4RTT