17 meters

John Hendry KG5OIB

I'm hearing a lot of SSB on 17 today, so thought I would try some PSK.   I'm at 18.097, if you'd like to try for a few more 17 meter contacts!

73!
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry

Decatur, Wise County, Texas

LOC:  EM13eg

Jerry N9AVY

Checked 17m and worked John in TX, but he was very weak here. Only using a rotatable dipole at 40 ft. Also worked John in FL who was a solid 599. The are both 1st contacts for this band. Heard Stan in IN but worked him back in 2016 on 17m. Good logging program MixW 3.2 !

Still listening for any others....

73 de n9avy

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 11:58:38 AM CDT, John Hendry KG5OIB <archer@...> wrote:

I'm hearing a lot of SSB on 17 today, so thought I would try some PSK.   I'm at 18.097, if you'd like to try for a few more 17 meter contacts!

73!
--

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry

John Hendry KG5OIB

Saw several signals on the band, but only able to work two (thanks, Jerry and John).   And now, the band is silent again, but good to see some activity!   If the solar forecast holds out, we might see better conditions later in the week, and, gasp, maybe 12 meter and 10 meter openings!!!

--

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry

Got John, Jerry, Stan and Karl Heinz.  Saw the Ca station Stan worked but he couldn't hear me.  17 has always been a great band but the low cycle has pretty much shut it down.

Jerry N9AVY

Today the band was only for those whose names started with "J" ! Ha-ha !!!!

Jerry

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 12:57:13 PM CDT, John Hendry KG5OIB <archer@...> wrote:

Saw several signals on the band, but only able to work two (thanks, Jerry and John).   And now, the band is silent again, but good to see some activity!   If the solar forecast holds out, we might see better conditions later in the week, and, gasp, maybe 12 meter and 10 meter openings!!!

--

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry

Don - KM4UDX

Hello John!  While late in the day and lon after your made the post, I tuned to 18,097 and called CQ.

I didn't know my radio worked that band, hahah.  Yes, it was crickets all around, but it was fun to try a new band. So, thank you for the encouragement!
--
Don, km4udx, uBITX

John Hendry KG5OIB

It was so much fun the other day, that I'm working there right now!!  

--

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

For those who reside on the west coast of the US (CN and CM) I would remind you that, not long ago when condx were better, I would get on the air about 2300Z and see a lot of JA stations on 17m psk31, all doing a little ham radio in the morning with their breakfast tea/coffee.  There were a bunch of hams I would see several times a week; I came to think of them as the ‘usual suspects’.  Good fun, I miss chatting with those guys.  I hope that as conditions improve we will be seeing them regularly once again.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jul 30, 2020, at 7:39 AM, John Hendry KG5OIB <archer@...> wrote:

It was so much fun the other day, that I'm working there right now!!  

--

de  KG5OIB

John Hendry