APE Plans Due

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381

It's good to see all the chat about grid locators for cell phones popping up.  They are a great way to find out exactly where you are when out grid chasing.  And also for when you do your August PSK31  Expedition to pinpoint exactly where it is you're operating from.  August is just around the corner and aren't you ready to get outside and do some remote operations?  I know I am.  I'm getting the camper and my portable shack geared up for some much needed woods time.  I hope you are, too.

Let me know soon of your planned operations that are 20 miles from home and I'll make sure they get posted to the PODSX 070  website so everyone can tune in and help you rack up the contacts. You only have to make 20 contacts on HF PSK31 to win an APE Award certificate.  Other club members assisting get an 'attaboy.'

Send your plans to ape@...

I know there's a park, scenic outlook, boat ramp or summit near you just waiting for you to set up or camp out and get on the air.
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381
APE Award Manager