From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: 070 Club <070club@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Jun 29, 2020 8:21 pm
Subject: [070Club] Return of radio

It all got repaired and shipped out from Kansas City Mo., on the 26th it was headed for Chicago where it arrived on the 27th. Then on the 28th it was headed for Commerce City COLORADO !  It's still in transit.  What the hell is going on with Fed Ex ????  It supposed to arrive on Tuesday ????    This is all very fishy ....

Schedule is attached...

Very confused ...

Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

Hope not. Looks like a FedEx screw up to me !

Jerry

On Monday, June 29, 2020, 08:29:17 PM CDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

Maybe someone else needed a radio for Field Day.

It all got repaired and shipped out from Kansas City Mo., on the 26th it was headed for Chicago where it arrived on the 27th. Then on the 28th it was headed for Commerce City COLORADO !  It's still in transit.  What the hell is going on with Fed Ex ????  It supposed to arrive on Tuesday ????    This is all very fishy ....

Schedule is attached...

Very confused ...

Jerry  N9AVY

Stephen Melachrinos

I'm sure they shipped it back out after 2100z yesterday. It was just a loaner for the weekend. Look for a ham in Commerce City.

:-)

From: "Richard Rohrer" <kc3ef@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io

1470 <boat.anchor@...>

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 08:39 AM, Milton Garb wrote:
They obviously don't know who they're messin' with!
Thanks for sharing the woes of breaking your radio and the shipping details.
There's a factory Yaesu repair facility 3 miles down the road from my qth.
Milt
That works well for you. I was avid Yaesu user till a couple years ago when I needed a part
for one of my mobiles. At the time there was a repair facility in Toronto but they would not sell
just a part. I phoned the facility down the road from you and was told they would not talk to me
as there was a dealer in Canada. Net result was I am now an ICOM man. No shipping to worry
about as ICOM's Canada distribution and repair facility is just down the road.
Nice to see you on the air agn.
Barry

Jerry N9AVY

Seems like Chicago is on the way from TX to FL, in a way. However, what didn't make sense was shipping from MO to Chicago to Colorado and the to Rockford (IL). Sheesh ! Radio just got here a few minutes ago. Told the driver my tale of woe and he was incredulous.

Jerry

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 10:23:21 AM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

Hi Jerry,

I guess we don't understand modern shipping methods.  I sold a piece of equipment to a ham in Houston, TX and for some reason it went by way of Chicago.  Seemed like a long trip from FL to TX, hi hi.  Hope you get your radio back soon.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Well Jerry, I have had several packages using UPS and they said should be here last week. Then they told me of a delay and now there is another delay and not sure what the problem is.  Who knows.  As long as I get it and I’m sure you are the same way, as long as you get it (finally) and , oh yes, it also needs to be in good shape!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jun 30, 2020, at 12:09 PM, Ray Clements <r.clements@...> wrote:

Radio waves generally travel point to point, perhaps taking a few hops along the way. Every now and then, there might be a long-path contact with the radiation traveling point to point but going in the opposite direction around the earth.

Most delivery companies, like the major airlines,  operate with hub systems. That can make for some circuitous paths to go from one point to another.

I guess we don't understand modern shipping methods.  I sold a piece of equipment to a ham in Houston, TX and for some reason it went by way of Chicago.  Seemed like a long trip from FL to TX, hi hi.  Hope you get your radio back soon.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Yeah, glad you finally got it.  The distribution path seems quite a bit odd for sure!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jun 30, 2020, at 12:54 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Seems like Chicago is on the way from TX to FL, in a way. However, what didn't make sense was shipping from MO to Chicago to Colorado and the to Rockford (IL). Sheesh ! Radio just got here a few minutes ago. Told the driver my tale of woe and he was incredulous.

Jerry
On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 10:23:21 AM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

Hi Jerry,

I guess we don't understand modern shipping methods.  I sold a piece of equipment to a ham in Houston, TX and for some reason it went by way of Chicago.  Seemed like a long trip from FL to TX, hi hi.  Hope you get your radio back soon.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Jerry N9AVY

The Yaesu facility near you refuses to fix FT-1000MPs. They have limited parts supply and are really just board changers. Ugh ! They recommended the guy in Missouri.

Trials and tribulations of incompetent businesses ...

Jerry

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 10:39:05 AM CDT, Milton Garb via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

They obviously don't know who they're messin' with!
Thanks for sharing the woes of breaking your radio and the shipping details.
There's a factory Yaesu repair facility 3 miles down the road from my qth.

Jerry N9AVY

Radio was here in Chicago on Saturday - a distance of about 60 miles. Thn it went to Colorado and back to Rockford (IL) which is 25 miles from me.

It like going from Chicago to New England via Los Angeles ! Duh !

Jerry

From: K7DWI Art <k7dwicn82@...>
Date: 7/1/20 9:56 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@070Club.groups.io

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Jon, K4KLB <k4klb@...>

Sounds like a possible FedEx SmartPost shipping/delivery where FedEx is the carrier but hand it off to the USPS for delivery. If FedEx gets it to the USPS hub near you quick enough that it will cause the package to ne delivered early the package will be bounced around non-sensically until it can return when it will be delivered on the projected arrival date. The USPS will NOT deliver the package prior to that date. Same deal with UPS SurePost. When I place an order I always make sure they do not use either of these hybrid shipping methods as I am not impressed by the USPS when it comes to packages.