Endorsement Daze #3 – WARC Helpful Hints

stan W9SMR

Some of us have not really gotten serious about the WARC Bands. The 070 Club TRI-WARC Endorsement and Endorsement Daze #3 offer a great time to explore. I have found a great aid for 17M propagation conditions in the Bulletins and Code Practice schedules for W1AW.

Their powerful signal acts like a Mega-Beacon for propagation on 17M. Get the full operating schedule at: W1AW - Operating Schedule

In summary, here is the schedule that I think will be most helpful. There are also voice bulletins which I have not included.

CW Bulletins or Code Practice on 18.0975 MHz starting at UTC:

13:00
20:00
21:00
23:00
00:00
02:00
03:00

Digital Bulletins PSK-31, MFSK16 and 45.45 Baudot on 18.1025 MHz starting at UTC

22:00
01:00

So, if in doubt on possible propagation prospects on 17M, just tune to the W1AW operating frequencies and see what’s cookin’ !!

Then Spot that info on the Main 070 Reflector and do a self-spot on PSKReporter. Then Spot any stations you copy and hopefully work.

Use this same Spotting technique on all the bands you operate on.

Our Endorsement Daze #3 event is planned for 18 hours in hopes of focusing our time.

Starting: 10:00 UTC on Saturday, June 20 (Saturday, June 20 at 06:00 EDT)
Ending:  03:59 UTC on Sunday, June 21 (Saturday, June 20 at 23:59 EDT)

Best wishes on a great experience with PSK-31 and the PODXS 070 Endorsement Daze #3!!

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
             PODXS 070 - PR Director