Files Button #poll

Jim K5SP

Some members report that they do not have a "button" on the left hand side of the screen to access Files.

Need to know how many people are affected by this anomaly.

Results

See Who Responded

Tim Castagnola

If I go to my general feed page I do not have a button, but if I go to the specific group I do.

Tim
KM6KIZ

Jim K5SP

Thanks Tim, cannot figure out why some members are saying there is no Files button.  Maybe that is the problem.

Jim K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Leland Sly

When I click on Vote Now I'm taken to the main@070Club.groups.io page.  I don't have the Files button and the poll doesn't work for me.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 1:04 PM Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Some members report that they do not have a "button" on the left hand side of the screen to access Files.

Need to know how many people are affected by this anomaly.

1. I have the button
2. Nope, can't see the button

Vote Now

Jim,  K5SP #483

Paula K7PAX #1739

It may be a possibility that members have subscribed to the mailing list without actually joining the group. That would explain why they don’t have access to files. You can subscribe to a mailing list via email without actually joining groups.io or a specific group.

Paula

Some members report that they do not have a "button" on the left hand side of the screen to access Files.

Need to know how many people are affected by this anomaly.

1. I have the button
2. Nope, can't see the button

Vote Now

Jim,  K5SP #483

Just approved your request, let me know what happens now.

Jim K5SP

On 6/16/2020 1:41 PM, Leland Sly wrote:
When I click on Vote Now I'm taken to the main@070Club.groups.io page.  I don't have the Files button and the poll doesn't work for me.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 1:04 PM Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Some members report that they do not have a "button" on the left hand side of the screen to access Files.

Need to know how many people are affected by this anomaly.

1. I have the button
2. Nope, can't see the button

Vote Now

Jim,  K5SP #483

Jim,  K5SP #483

Thanks Paula, I have spent hours researching and trying to get an answer as to why some people cannot see the added buttons on the left hand side, all our group settings are correct, so it has to be something on the user side, but had no idea what.

Lee just sent a request, let's see if that works.

Jim K5SP

On 6/16/2020 1:46 PM, Paula K7PAX #1739 via groups.io wrote:

It may be a possibility that members have subscribed to the mailing list without actually joining the group. That would explain why they don’t have access to files. You can subscribe to a mailing list via email without actually joining groups.io or a specific group.

Paula

Some members report that they do not have a "button" on the left hand side of the screen to access Files.

Need to know how many people are affected by this anomaly.

1. I have the button
2. Nope, can't see the button

Vote Now

Jim,  K5SP #483

Jim,  K5SP #483

Lee - N5SLY

That was the problem...I had never joined the group even though I was getting all of the emails.  I now have all the additional choices on the left side of the screen.

Thanks everyone.

73

Lee N5SLY

Mike - W0TMW #2207

2.  No button.

Mike W - W0TMW #2207

  -- William Kershner
https://amazon.com/author/m-watson (Amazon Author Page)
https://m-watson.com (Mike Watson - Writer Website)
http://www.crucis.net/1632search
On 6/16/20 1:04 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Some members report that they do not have a "button" on the left hand side of the screen to access Files.

Need to know how many people are affected by this anomaly.

1. I have the button
2. Nope, can't see the button

Vote Now

Jim,  K5SP #483

Mike - W0TMW #2207

Mike - W0TMW #2207

I went directly to the group address and no button on the left side nor anywhere on the page or drop-down menus.

Mike - W0TMW #2207

On 6/16/20 1:30 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

Thanks Tim, cannot figure out why some members are saying there is no Files button.  Maybe that is the problem.

Jim K5SP

On 6/16/2020 1:14 PM, Tim Castagnola wrote:
If I go to my general feed page I do not have a button, but if I go to the specific group I do.

Tim
KM6KIZ

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Mike - W0TMW #2207

Jim K5SP

Okay, I got this from another member (Paula, K7PAX).  Lee, N5SLY discovered that this was his issue, requested to join the group, and when I got it approved he now sees all the left hand side button options.

On 6/16/2020 4:30 PM, Mike - W0TMW #2207 wrote:

[...]

OTOH, I joined the group when it was first formed and I don't see the button. However...when I followed the 'vote here' link, the button was there.

On 6/16/20 4:46 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

[...]

Bill-N7RI

Yes, you have to go to the page AND then sign in and you will see the files tab.
Bill
N7RI