070 Sprint

Dan Morris - KZ3T

If I understand correctly about this Sprint. I started last night after the 0000Z UTC at 0026Z 9 Dec — Does that mean I have to wait till after 2359Z tonight to start another 6 hour block??

Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!

Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...>

That's right. It's one 6 hr block per UTC day.

Your first block was 0026-0626 9DEC *UTC*, so your next block needs to be on 10DEC *UTC*.

For instance, I need to wait another 25 minutes or so to start my 2nd block since I'm in the Eastern time zone.

Hope that helps!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
If I understand correctly about this Sprint.  I started last night after the 0000Z UTC at 0026Z 9 Dec — Does that mean I have to wait till after 2359Z tonight to start another 6 hour block??

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Dan Morris - KZ3T

It sure does Matt and that is what I thought but wanted to make sure about that.  Thank you very much.  Don’t have the 160M capability so all I can do is 40 and 80 meters but that’s okay, I’m just in it for the fun of it anywho!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 9, 2017, at 6:36 PM, Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...> wrote:

That's right. It's one 6 hr block per UTC day.

Your first block was 0026-0626 9DEC *UTC*, so your next block needs to be on 10DEC *UTC*.

For instance, I need to wait another 25 minutes or so to start my 2nd block since I'm in the Eastern time zone.

Hope that helps!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
If I understand correctly about this Sprint.  I started last night after the 0000Z UTC at 0026Z 9 Dec — Does that mean I have to wait till after 2359Z tonight to start another 6 hour block??

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

JEFF WALSH

Can u work somebody again if u worked them in the prior days 6 hour slot or only 1 time during the contest ?

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, December 9, 2017 5:36 PM, Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...> wrote:

That's right. It's one 6 hr block per UTC day.

Your first block was 0026-0626 9DEC *UTC*, so your next block needs to be on 10DEC *UTC*.

For instance, I need to wait another 25 minutes or so to start my 2nd block since I'm in the Eastern time zone.

Hope that helps!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
If I understand correctly about this Sprint.  I started last night after the 0000Z UTC at 0026Z 9 Dec — Does that mean I have to wait till after 2359Z tonight to start another 6 hour block??

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065
dbmorris315@...

I live to live for Him!

Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...>

You can work somebody in each of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd time blocks without being "duplicates".

Don't fret, Dan - my 160m antenna came down in a storm last year, so I'm just doing 40m and 80m off of my Hustler 6BTV as well.  The 160m antenna wasn't much, but it was *something* at least... oh, well, a new one is slated to go up next year.

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 6:41 PM, JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@...> wrote:
Can u work somebody again if u worked them in the prior days 6 hour slot or only 1 time during the contest ?

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
[...]

Thanks for clearing that up for me ..... just wanted to make sure

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU

BUBBAWOOD
[...]

Ahhh, So I can work same station again after 0000Z. I thought it was only once per band for the whole weekend.  thanks for clearing that one up.  Just like starting all over again tonight!!!

Well, I may try a 160M antenna next year but not sure.  I have the Zero Five 27’ vertical which does really well considering so I may order a 33’ or 43’ Zero five vertical and see if it is any better.  Thanks again.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 9, 2017, at 6:44 PM, Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...> wrote:

You can work somebody in each of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd time blocks without being "duplicates".

Don't fret, Dan - my 160m antenna came down in a storm last year, so I'm just doing 40m and 80m off of my Hustler 6BTV as well.  The 160m antenna wasn't much, but it was *something* at least... oh, well, a new one is slated to go up next year.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 6:41 PM, JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@...> wrote:
Can u work somebody again if u worked them in the prior days 6 hour slot or only 1 time during the contest ?

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
[...]

I hear the 43' verticals will load up OK on 160 with a good tuner. Just make sure it'll handle a pretty high SWR at a good duty cycle & power rating given that PSK-31/RTTY are 100% "on" as opposed to SSB and CW.

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 6:47 PM, Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
[...]

BUBBAWOOD
[...]

Dan ...it was clear as mud to me ... hi hi
that's why I asked .... good luck

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU

BUBBAWOOD
[...]

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Thinking I am alone on here tonight.
Barry

Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...>

Nope, not just you, Barry.  I've worked over a dozen folks, mostly on 80m. Those are different folks than last night, forgiving one or two errant duplicates.

Hang in there!

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 9:31 PM, Barry 1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor@...> wrote:
Thinking I am alone on here tonight.
Barry

JEFF WALSH

Barry ....40m is like a roller coaster here ......ups and downs ...now u see em now u don't ....
80m was pretty good here last night ..... only 3 or 4 on 160m for 2 days so far ....
as Matt sez hang in there .... good luck

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Saturday, December 9, 2017 8:53 PM, Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...> wrote:

Nope, not just you, Barry.  I've worked over a dozen folks, mostly on 80m. Those are different folks than last night, forgiving one or two errant duplicates.

Hang in there!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 9:31 PM, Barry 1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor@...> wrote:
Thinking I am alone on here tonight.
Barry

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Matt
You must be in the centre of civilization instead of on the fringe.
Barry

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Jeff

TVM    05:00Z and time to say enough is enough.
Barry

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

Barry,

Saw N5SLY (Lee) trying desperately to get through to you.  He had a great sig up here in CT.
Did he ever get in the log?
I didn't even see a faint trace from you.
I threw out a mess of CQ's in the hopes of you seeing them but no bannanaaaah.
Maybe an ionospheric vortex has developed over BC.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sat, Dec 09, 2017 at 09:31 PM, Barry 1470 via Groups.Io wrote:

Thinking I am alone on here tonight.
Barry

Jim K5SP

Worked Lee, N5SLY last evening, but he is only 30 miles from me. hi hi.

Looked hard for Barry, never saw him, nor did I see Joe.  Did get some west coast on 80.

Jim, K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Joe
No luck with seeing Lee. I think the black hole here has been enlarged.
I think we get one more chance tonight.
Barry

Barry,

Saw N5SLY (Lee) trying desperately to get through to you.  He had a great sig up here in CT.
Did he ever get in the log?
I didn't even see a faint trace from you.
I threw out a mess of CQ's in the hopes of you seeing them but no bannanaaaah.
Maybe an ionospheric vortex has developed over BC.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

Jim K5SP

let me know time and place and will be looking for you.

Jim, K5SP

On 12/10/2017 10:51 AM, Barry 1470 via Groups.Io wrote:
Joe
No luck with seeing Lee. I think the black hole here has been enlarged.
I think we get one more chance tonight.
Barry

Barry,

Saw N5SLY (Lee) trying desperately to get through to you.  He had a great sig up here in CT.
Did he ever get in the log?
I didn't even see a faint trace from you.
I threw out a mess of CQ's in the hopes of you seeing them but no bannanaaaah.
Maybe an ionospheric vortex has developed over BC.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

WA7ETE <artcase@...>

Barry I saw you last two nights on 80 meters, but couldn't raise you.
Will be on 80 @00:00 utc for about an hour and a half tonight.
Steve
WA7ETE
CN88uk

No luck with seeing Lee. I think the black hole here has been enlarged.
I think we get one more chance tonight.
Barry

Barry,

Saw N5SLY (Lee) trying desperately to get through to you.  He had a great sig up here in CT.
Did he ever get in the log?
I didn't even see a faint trace from you.
I threw out a mess of CQ's in the hopes of you seeing them but no bannanaaaah.
Maybe an ionospheric vortex has developed over BC.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Steve