Ham Club Membership List

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Not sure this is an issue or not but thought I would ask.  I use the Ham Club membership List  for 070 on the hamclubs.info web site and DX Labs SpotCollector.  Until recently it worked great.  I use FLDIGI and the bridge to the DX Labs suite.  As soon as I click on a call sign, DX View will tell me if someone is a PODXS member.  Recently some of the call signs were not recognized even though there were in the membership list.  I went though the list and found three locations where a 070-0000 was not attached to a call sign. Here are the locations in the list.
Between member (2420 and 2421), (2715 and 2716) and (2571 and 2572). 
I manually went in and deleted the extra 070-0000 and everything seems to work great again.  It appears SpotCollector has issues with the extra characters.  I'm not asking for a fix but want to know if the extra characters are in the list for another reason.  Thanks.
--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

Jim K5SP

This had been brought up before, and the fix is just exactly what you did.

The files are generated by scripts on hamclubs.info over which we have no control, and the site owner will not take action to fix them.

Jim K5SP 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10e, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/6/20 12:17 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Ham Club Membership List

Not sure this is an issue or not but thought I would ask.  I use the Ham Club membership List  for 070 on the hamclubs.info web site and DX Labs SpotCollector.  Until recently it worked great.  I use FLDIGI and the bridge to the DX Labs suite.  As soon as I click on a call sign, DX View will tell me if someone is a PODXS member.  Recently some of the call signs were not recognized even though there were in the membership list.  I went though the list and found three locations where a 070-0000 was not attached to a call sign. Here are the locations in the list
I manually went in and deleted the extra 070-0000 and everything seems to work great again.  It appears SpotCollector has issues with the extra characters.  I'm not asking for a fix but want to know if the extra characters are in the list for another reason.  Thanks.
--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Executive Director/Member Services Director

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Bob - That is an issue with the hamclubs.info site.  It is maintained by someone else and they do not keep it updated any longer.  I believe it updates itself somehow, however, those errors are not being fixed.  I have to go into the file and delete those as well every time I download the data file.  Kind of a pain but better than not having it at all I guess.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jun 6, 2020, at 1:17 PM, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

Not sure this is an issue or not but thought I would ask.  I use the Ham Club membership List  for 070 on the hamclubs.info web site and DX Labs SpotCollector.  Until recently it worked great.  I use FLDIGI and the bridge to the DX Labs suite.  As soon as I click on a call sign, DX View will tell me if someone is a PODXS member.  Recently some of the call signs were not recognized even though there were in the membership list.  I went though the list and found three locations where a 070-0000 was not attached to a call sign. Here are the locations in the list.
--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Thanks.  I figured someone else created the list.  Just didn't know how it worked.

Bob KK6KMU

David Westbrook

Dan/Jim -- it's an upstream data issue... In the google spreadsheet there are some bad values with newlines in them.  e.g. the state for member 2420 was entered as "CO<NEWLINE>" ..  (ditto for 2715 and 2571 -- extra newlines in the state value).   That messes up the (inhenrently fragile) google->CSV->hamclubs processes.  But if you fix the source data, it'll flow through properly next refresh.

>   I believe it updates itself somehow

Yep! it was all completely automated, but very sensitive (for all the various clubs/datasources, not just 070) to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out   and over time as the source data changes, it "breaks" the output.  but overall it's been pretty good for being totally unattended!  Which is why it's still up -- if some part of it is still working [with 0 dev time] and benefits someone, then great!

73!
--david
K2DW

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 7:09 PM Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:
Bob - That is an issue with the hamclubs.info site.  It is maintained by someone else and they do not keep it updated any longer.  I believe it updates itself somehow, however, those errors are not being fixed.  I have to go into the file and delete those as well every time I download the data file.  Kind of a pain but better than not having it at all I guess.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jun 6, 2020, at 1:17 PM, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:

--
Bob  KK6KMU  #2484