WOW !! - TDW 2020 is in the Logs!

stan W9SMR

What an experience. Be sure to add your personal notes as you upload your logs, or post your comments as "TDW Soapbox" notes on the Reflectors. There must be some exceptional stories out there.

Words fail to adequately credit the fabulous Bonus Stations for their extreme dedication and diligent pursuit of Top-Top Dawg. What a wonderfully focused effort. The 6 Bonus Stations worked so hard. We owe you guys, Big Time!!

CALL NAME QTH SPC TIME
N5SLY Lee Sherman TX CDT
VA3TPS Steve Fenelon Falls ON EDT
KC3FL John Inverness FL EDT
N9AVY Jerry Marengo IL CDT
KK6KMU Bob Oceanside CA PDT
VA7GEM Barry North Vancouver BC PDT

Much gratitude is due for their efforts! You guys made it exciting and very much fun. We experienced openings on bands given up for dead. Make the call, the propagation will follow. FT-8 cannot possibly be nearly as much fun!!

The Endorsement Checker will be working overtime. Be sure to make that separate upload to the Endorsement Checker see what marvels you have achieved. I know Jerry, N9AVY, made his 1,000 level LONP and then some. How many others made their target?

Mike, W4BZM was sitting at 93 QSOs and Bill, N3XL was at 89, poised to grab their LONP. And Top Dawg Lee, N5SLY was just one letter i short of the very challenging WTW, Work The World Award. That requires 2,246 unique call signs to achieve.

Can't wait to see the results of this magnificent event! David, K9DWR will be working overtime to get it all rolled up for us. Thank you, David!!

Thank you all for participating in this hugely successful 070 Three Day Weekend Contest.

73,

 Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

Mike W4BZM

Stan,
     You periodically post my status, so I'll offer this summary update:  The request for LONP has been submitted  :)

     I wasn't a serioius competitor in TDW.  I had neither the multi-band antenna nor the time available to try to rack up a high score.  So I operated as a search-and-pounce "sharpshooter", taking advantage of the contest as an opportunity to contact PODXS members I had never logged before.  Going into the contest:  96 members logged.  After the contest:  104 members logged.  Mission successful.

     I know it's a small achievement compared to Jerry N9AVY or our other more experienced members, but having just started using PSK-31 in Jan 2017, I'm pretty happy to make the first plateau.  On to 150!

     Thank you for your continued encouragement, both before and after the TDW contest.

Mike W4BZM

Jim K5SP

Congratulations Mike!

It seems like the first 100 are the hardest to get these days, because band conditions are not conducive to operators being on the air.  Reaching the next plateau will come sooner than you realize, because TDW proved that when people are on the air, contacts CAN be made.

Looking forward to you receiving another sticker for LONP contacts.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483