Space X launch few minutes ago

Chuck M

Awesome site to watch.  Had it on my phone down here in the ham shack.

KD9DVB

Rick - N7WE

Yes!  The Dragon flew!  And it was specatular.  I watched on NASA TV since there were clouds between us and the Cape.  Normally we can watch from our driveway.

You can't imagine how much this means to central Florida to have our manned space launchs back.  When the shuttle program was shut down, the whole space coast went into really severe economic decline.  Thousands of jobs were just gone.  And they weren't service industry jobs.  They were high tech and high skill with high pay.  Ramping up the USA Space Program again is a major event!  There has been a steady increase in jobs and the economy since they announced the Return To Space program.  No more shipping millions and millions of dollars per ride to the ISS to Russia.  We'll get to keep those dollars at home where they belong!  God Bless the USA and our space program!

Chuck M

Many moons ago my in-laws lived outside of Dade City in an RV park called Traveler's Rest.  Was able to watch one of the launches from there when it was high enough.  Very exciting.

Chuck
KD9DVB

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 4:23:12 PM EDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Yes!  The Dragon flew!  And it was specatular.  I watched on NASA TV since there were clouds between us and the Cape.  Normally we can watch from our driveway.

You can't imagine how much this means to central Florida to have our manned space launchs back.  When the shuttle program was shut down, the whole space coast went into really severe economic decline.  Thousands of jobs were just gone.  And they weren't service industry jobs.  They were high tech and high skill with high pay.  Ramping up the USA Space Program again is a major event!  There has been a steady increase in jobs and the economy since they announced the Return To Space program.  No more shipping millions and millions of dollars per ride to the ISS to Russia.  We'll get to keep those dollars at home where they belong!  God Bless the USA and our space program!

Eric <radio@...>

Similar stories here, Rick.

I have a friend that worked as a technician for presses in the newspaper business.  He lost his job and struggled until he retooled his skills and got hired by Space X.  Now he is thriving.

I know this is just anecdotal, but the aerospace industry in this country really needed this launch to go well.

Thankfully it did.

73 de Eric KG6MZS

PS: I saw here a while back where Miami got 15.50 inches of rain in three days.  That’s more than LA averages in a year!

On May 30, 2020, at 1:23 PM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Yes!  The Dragon flew!  And it was specatular.  I watched on NASA TV since there were clouds between us and the Cape.  Normally we can watch from our driveway.

You can't imagine how much this means to central Florida to have our manned space launchs back.  When the shuttle program was shut down, the whole space coast went into really severe economic decline.  Thousands of jobs were just gone.  And they weren't service industry jobs.  They were high tech and high skill with high pay.  Ramping up the USA Space Program again is a major event!  There has been a steady increase in jobs and the economy since they announced the Return To Space program.  No more shipping millions and millions of dollars per ride to the ISS to Russia.  We'll get to keep those dollars at home where they belong!  God Bless the USA and our space program!

malcolm heard

Bet more people than me can remember watching John Glenn and Mercury launch.

Malcolm
Ke0jbt

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 3:23 PM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
Yes!  The Dragon flew!  And it was specatular.  I watched on NASA TV since there were clouds between us and the Cape.  Normally we can watch from our driveway.

You can't imagine how much this means to central Florida to have our manned space launchs back.  When the shuttle program was shut down, the whole space coast went into really severe economic decline.  Thousands of jobs were just gone.  And they weren't service industry jobs.  They were high tech and high skill with high pay.  Ramping up the USA Space Program again is a major event!  There has been a steady increase in jobs and the economy since they announced the Return To Space program.  No more shipping millions and millions of dollars per ride to the ISS to Russia.  We'll get to keep those dollars at home where they belong!  God Bless the USA and our space program!

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
heardmalcolm2017@...
402.202.3853

Leadership • Culture • Talent

Stephen Melachrinos

Or remembering exactly where they were at 10:56 pm EDT on 20 July 1969.

(And yes, I did that from memory.)

[...]

Was in 5th or 6th grade for Mercury flight.
was working in a full service truck stop and ducked into the trucker;s lounge to catch the moon landing in 1969,

Chuck
KD9DVB

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 5:12:32 PM EDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

[...]

Oh my!  I was in grade school when Sputnik launched.  Heard it on a shortwave radio and that started me down the road to radio.  Was a freshman in high school and watched Alan Shepard launch in Freedom 7 on TV.  Been a fan ever since.  Never thought I'd some day live in Florida and see live launches from my driveway!  If I had to do it all again, I think I'd shoot for some kind of career in the space programs.

Stopped watching live launches after Challenger. Only watch ones on tape.

Jerry