Alerts?

Mike W4BZM

(This is probably a stupid question, but I'll bet someone in the club has the answer.  I'm not proud, so...)

Question:  Is there a good way to flag 070 members during the upcoming TDW event?

I'm runing Fldigi 4.1.09 for PSK-31, coupled to N3FJP's Amateur Contact Log 6.6 for logging purposes.  Fldigi is in CAT control and communicates with ACL via TCP API.   When I double click on the station call in the Fldigi receive window, the station info from QRZ.com automatically populates the ACL windows.  ACL has a Watch List function that is supposed to provide an alert when a call on the watch list pops up; however, that doesn't seem to be functional when I have tried to test it.

1.  Can anyone help with the seemingly non-functional ACL watch list?

2.  Assuming that #1 is resolved, is there a way to load the ACL watch list from the hamclubs.info list, other than manually typing in every PODxS member's call sign?

Note:  I'm only five QSOs away from LONP, and during next weekend's TDW I'd like to concentrate my search on stations that are PODXS members but which I have not logged.  I can generate an Excel spreadsheet to help, but that's either a paper look-up or yet another window open on an already-crowded set of screens.

I know it's likely that only PODXS members will be calling "CQ TDW" and ACL will then flag any never-worked contact as "new", but there is always the 070 member that will just call "CQ" and I'd like to catch those, too.

Any suggestions (other than reverting to an unfamiliar program at this late date) would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike W4BZM

Jerry N9AVY

Just work everyone you hear . Non-070 members are allowed in contests now. So every contact counts !

73, Jerry n9avy

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 08:37:04 PM CDT, Mike W4BZM <behrcave@...> wrote:

[...]

B. Smith, N3XL

Mike,

It will be hard to verify the 070 info in particular, but if you use a logging program, Log4OM for example, many have a “Worked Before” feature, you can avoid dupes if you want to.

CU in the contest. I work dupes and let the chips fall where they may!

73, Bill N3XL

--
Bill Smith, N3XL

B. Smith, N3XL

Mike,

I probably should have mentioned that you can feed FLDigi into Log4OM. I have it set up that way along with N1MM Logger and WSJT-X feeding into Log4OM. Log4OM also feeds all of the electronic logging sites, fills in names , etc. It is nice and free – although they do accept donations like everybody these days.

73, Bill N3XL

[...]

Stephen Melachrinos

Jerry's right--all QSOs (not just members) count for points in the TDW. But for LONP-hunting, sometimes it's useful to have unworked members "pop out" at you on the waterfall. So I hope someone can come up with a solution for the Fldigi/N3FLP pairing you have. (I don't use either so I have no clue.)

Note that TDW scoring was changed for this year--it's a mix of last year's "non-members count" and previous years' "exchange member numbers for multipliers" rules. So any QSO (member or non-member) counts as a point, and you count the total number of members for the multiplier total. All non-members count as "member 0000" for the contest, so you even get one extra multiplier for the first non-member you work. And there are six bonus stations to hunt for, with each QSO with a bonus station earning 100 bonus points.

And for those that care about "edge cases", the member/non-member definition for TDW ONLY is a station's status as of the start of the contest. So if someone joins the club during the contest, their QSOs can count (after joining) for LONP credit, but they would still be "member 0000" for the duration of the contest. (I think we'll distribute the highest member number that will count for the contest, just at the start of the contest.)

If anyone has any questions or comments on the new TDW rules, please let me know.

[...]

Jim K5SP

Jerry that does not answer the question.

Mike wants to be able to get Alerts in his software, he is specifically looking for 070 club members to complete his LONP.  If you know of a way using his particular software, then  tell him how.

Can anyone help Mike with the combination of FlDigi and ACLog?

Jim K5SP

On 5/22/2020 8:58 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
[...]

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Steve McEdwards

Hi Mike,
I use AC Log along with HRD so I can't help you with Fldigi.
But I do have my watchlist up to date and I know it has to be entered a particular way to work and mine works great for me.
I am busy getting all of my chores done for the xyl so I will be free next weekend and I will send you or if allowed can post my up to date watchlist later today or tomorrow.
Hope it helps
73 de Steve
VA3TPS #526

On Sat., 23 May 2020 at 10:36 a.m., Jim K5SP
<jinnis@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve VA3TPS

Hi Mike ,
I have attached my watchlist which is up to date to May 20.
You  also have to go into the files section on AC Log and under watchlist check off the boxes for the type of alert you want.
Remember if you add any if has to be as follows with no spaces ...."VA3TPS","070-526"

Hope this helps you out and will be looking for you in the TDW next weekend.

73 de Steve
VA3TPS # 526