Approvals

Jerry N9AVY

Sorry if I sound a bit snippy today.   Dropped a 24 ft. extension on I-90  outside Chicago this evening in rush hour traffic.  Managed to get it back on roof of Equinox and make it home driving back roads.   The headwind was out of west  and I'm a nervous because I was trying to avoid dropping big ladder in someone's windshield.

I'm going to find some big & tall to relax.

Sorry again.

Jerry  N9AVY

Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...>

It's all good, Jerry! You did seem a little out of sorts, so thanks for the words.

A 24ft ladder is a beast, especially when doing the wah-toozy on a major interstate at rush hour!

I once witnessed a 6-8 foot fiberglass stepladder fall out of a truck doing 80mph in I-85 in Atlanta. It was right in front of an 18 wheeler, thankfully, and did no harm to the truck (I don't reckon it did, anyhow). That thing looked like a bomb went off, as it just EXPLODED into a gajillion little pieces of blue fiberglass! The remaining grizzly carcass slid over to the inside pull-off lane and was barely identifiable as having once been a ladder.  Amazing the things that can happen with ladders.

Getcha come new ratchet straps in the morning, after you've processed that big, tall drink all night. *GRIN*

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Jerry Heien <n9avy@...> wrote:
Sorry if I sound a bit snippy today.   Dropped a 24 ft. extension on I-90  outside Chicago this evening in rush hour traffic.  Managed to get it back on roof of Equinox and make it home driving back roads.   The headwind was out of west  and I'm a nervous because I was trying to avoid dropping big ladder in someone's windshield.

I'm going to find some big & tall to relax.

Sorry again.

Jerry  N9AVY

Jerry N9AVY

Nothing left on top to fasten to.  The plastic ends that held crosspieces snapped and flew off car... might to junk yard to see if they have a couple off a wreck.  Have ratchet straps , but in this case, they would not have worked.

Have seen the aftermath of 6 ft ladder falling off truck and it tweren't purty !  Lotsa things fall off trucks, but never any cash !

jerry   n9avy