1st Unofficial Official Grid Leaderboard ?

Jerry N9AVY

Went through checker and decided to let everyone know who's at the top of the Grid pile.  I cut it off below there are several who are only a few grids away from making it to this list.  There is no claim as to accuracy of this list and corrections are gladly appreciated.

                                                                              Jerry  N9AVY

 1.    366        VA7GEM
 2.    347        AC4M
 3.    337        KB8JSP
 4.    336        KE4JB
 5.    335        N8MNI
 6.    328        N9AVY
 7.    328        N4GBK
 8.    328        KC4TIE
 9.    327        NO8R
10.   327        KE7BGC
11.   318        WB4MNK
12.   318        W7PAQ
13.   306        N7WE
14.   304        W9SMR
15.   304        NU4C
16.   303        K9DEB
17.   301        W3WMU
18.   300        KF2GQ

Perhaps the next list will start with 200 grids. It might be really big.    Anyhow, congrats to all on the list !

Michael Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

Am I remembering correctly that the log checker is not able to collate grid squares from ACLog?

It's been ages since I checked my grid totals...not sure if they are increasing or not.

Mike
WM4B

On Dec 2, 2017 2:09 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike:

On ACLog you have to enter grids manually.  Some things just aren't automatic !  It's a pain to do it manually and I'm not fond of doing that way, but it only takes a minute.

Jerry

[...]

Ok...cool. I already do that, so I should be good.

On Dec 2, 2017 2:33 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim K5SP

If you select the records, and then Fill fields determined by call, doesn't that grab the grid locator and fill it In?

If not then I have hundreds,of records with no grid

JIM K5SP

[...]

Jim:

Looks like you did an "oops !".   I've been filling them in manually.  Thought you seemed a tad lower on the totem pole that you should be.

Jerry

[...]

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Hmmm, I never enter grids manually on ACLog.  It does it for me automatically!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

[...]

Did it do it for all of N7WE's portable operations when he was running cross country  or KC5RGQ (?)  when he was at different grids  at NPOTAs ????   Don't think it did.

There were several others who were portable/mobile in grids that are different from their home QTHs which are listed.
That's probably where you messed up... somethings are automatic nor trustworthy.

Jerry  n9avy

Subj! ect: Re: [070] 1st Unofficial Official Grid Leaderboard ?

[...]

Nope, I did not mess up.  The grids are entered automatically.   You did not say anything about portable/mobile operations.  Of course, anyone working portable/mobile, etc we would have to change manually but those are far and few between, at least for me anyway.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 2, 2017, at 6:25 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

[...]

Also, there could be a possibility that the station has entered the wrong grid on his QRZ page or has moved without updating QRZ page and his grid would be wrong.  I try to always copy the grid from sent text.

I believe that the grid info only appears on QRZ pages and not anywhere else, but I could be wrong.  The KC5 was operating from various grids in NM and wasn't signing portable nor mobile as I recall.

Just don't want to see anyone cheat themselves out of a grid.  Of course, a lot of stations don't send their grids.  That's a different problem.

I only copied the info for Leader board from what was on checker and I had gone back to May 2016.  If people don't submit logs more than once a year, the data won't be 100% accurate.  Nothing I can do about that.

Jerry n9avy

[...]

Don Bolstad K9DEB

AClog and Grids is working fine for me.  Whatever the grid the sender sends in his text is populated in FlDigi. That populates ACLog.

If he/she says they are portable/mobile in a non QTH location, I’ll verify that the grid given is different from their QRZ grid.  A few extra steps, but worth it as sometimes those p/m grids are rare.

Don  Bolstad    K9DEB