Christmas spirit

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542

What does a ham do with extra Christmas lights
KI4VMK

Stephen Melachrinos

I wonder if providing a supporting structure for Christmas lights would be enough justification for my homeowner's association to let me install a tower?

What does a ham do with extra Christmas lights
KI4VMK

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542

Sounds reasonable 👍

On Dec 2, 2017, at 9:07 AM, "Stephen Melachrinos melachri@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

I wonder if providing a supporting structure for Christmas lights would be enough justification for my homeowner's association to let me install a tower?

What does a ham do with extra Christmas lights
KI4VMK

Randy True

Nice, but effectively putting a Faraday Shield on your antenna.

Randy W4RTT

What does a ham do with extra Christmas lights
KI4VMK

Stephen Melachrinos

My wife thinks it should flash "Merry Christmas" in Morse code.

I wonder if providing a supporting structure for Christmas lights would be enough justification for my homeowner's association to let me install a tower?

What does a ham do with extra Christmas lights
KI4VMK

Matthew King - AK4MK

Flash Merry Christmas in morse code.....  that made me laugh out loud!

*GRIN*

73

Matt
AK4MK

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Stephen Melachrinos melachri@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

My wife thinks it should flash "Merry Christmas" in Morse code.

I wonder if providing a supporting structure for Christmas lights would be enough justification for my homeowner's association to let me install a tower?

What does a ham do with extra Christmas lights
KI4VMK

Randy True

What's this code stuff, no codes and cypher s man.

Randy W4RTT

I wonder if providing a supporting structure for Christmas lights would be enough justification for my homeowner's association to let me install a tower?

What does a ham do with extra Christmas lights
KI4VMK

David, K9DWR

Fine.. flash Merry Christmas using CW.

happy? :-)

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

On Dec 2, 2017, at 11:03, randy true w4rttrandy@outlook.com [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

What's this code stuff, no codes and cypher s man.

Jerry N9AVY

Randy:

That's heresy in Ham Radio !   You'll be getting the Wouff Hong for that !
Jerry  n9avy

What's this code stuff, no codes and cypher s man.

Randy W4RTT

I wonder if providing a supporting structure for Christmas lights would be enough justification for my homeowner's association to let me install a tower?

What does a ham do with extra Christmas lights
KI4VMK

Randy True

I need something to hang on my wall besides paperr.

Randy W4RTT

That's heresy in Ham Radio !   You'll be getting the Wouff Hong for that !
Jerry  n9avy

What's this code stuff, no codes and cypher s man.

Randy W4RTT

I wonder if providing a supporting structure for Christmas lights would be enough justification for my homeowner's association to let me install a tower?

K8TOM

Steve,

After I had gotten my 18ft rooftop tower and beam up (2009), I actually had a couple of neighbors suggest that I use them as a structure for Christmas lights.  Since we hang a fair number of them on several buildings and fences, etc., I did give it some thought, for the tower at least.

The only negative comment that I received on the addition was from one neighbor questioning whether my radio was causing their electric driveway gate opener to randomly function.  It turned out to be another neighbor's garage door remote control.

Well, actually a fellow ham said that the four rooftop antennas complex with rotators looked like a NASA tracking station. I guess that could be considered a negative.  Fortunately living in the country allows some latitude for judging beauty, HI HI.

Tom
K8TOM
815

Stephen Melachrinos

Tom -

I think a NASA tracking station would be cool--then again, I'm in the satcom business.

I'm not sure my wife would agree...

[...]

boat.anchor@...

Steve
One of the most interesting folks I know is Hutch is South Australia.
Have a read thru his website for home brew ideas for tracking.
in particular
I have spent a few very enjoyable hours visiting him.
Barry
VA7GEM

---In 070@..., <melachri@...> wrote :

[...]

Tom:

The neighbor who complained about his gate ... tell him that he's interfering with your radio and by FCC law he has to shut it down ... and thanks for turning himself in !
Jerry  n9avy

[...]

Didn't I just read that you're in a HOA ???  That might be the 1st case of a HOA lynching !
Jerry  N9AVY

[...]

First they'd have to impeach me. I'm the VP in the HOA!

[...]

Not needed, probably something in by-laws about tar & feathering.
Jerry