Yahoo Groups

Charles Odom <ki4vmk@...>

For days now I haven't been able to get to my Yahoo Groups page. Anyone else having this problem?

KI4VMK
# 2542  🇺🇸

mwbesemer@...

Charles Odom <ki4vmk@...>

I belong to one group there seems to work pretty good

KI4VMK
# 2542  🇺🇸

On Dec 1, 2017, at 11:46 AM, "mwbesemer@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

I have trouble from time to time; Yahoo is kind of falling apart.

Several of my favorite groups have moved to groups.io.  It's a pretty painless process and all the data and members from the Yahoo group transfer over.

Mike
WM4B

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Charles Odom ki4vmk@... [070] wrote:

   For days now I haven't been able to get to my Yahoo Groups page. Anyone else having this problem?

KI4VMK

# 2542  

Steve VA3TPS

Hi Charles ,
I cannot find my Yahoo Groups page either and on another couple of groups I
belong to a couple of fellows were saying the same thing.
There must be something going on with Yahoo ,maybe it is time we looked else
where?

73 de Steve
VA3TPS # 526

For days now I haven't been able to get to my Yahoo Groups page. Anyone else
having this problem?

⁣KI4VMK
# 2542  🇺🇸​

Randy True

Broken here too.

Funny the messages aren't being effected.

Randy W4RTT

I cannot find my Yahoo Groups page either and on another couple of groups I
belong to a couple of fellows were saying the same thing.
There must be something going on with Yahoo ,maybe it is time we looked else
where?

73 de Steve
VA3TPS # 526

Charles Odom <ki4vmk@...>

Yup, I think its time to go to Google Groups

KI4VMK
# 2542  🇺🇸

On Dec 1, 2017, at 12:17 PM, "randy true w4rttrandy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Broken here too.

Funny the messages aren't being effected.

Randy W4RTT

I cannot find my Yahoo Groups page either and on another couple of groups I
belong to a couple of fellows were saying the same thing.
There must be something going on with Yahoo ,maybe it is time we looked else
where?

73 de Steve
VA3TPS # 526

Mike - W0TMW #2207

No, you REALLY don't want to go to Google groups. If you think Yahoo is bad, Google is worse. I had a group there and quickly moved it to a private server using MailMan.

Mike - W0TMW

  -- William Kershner
http://crucis-court.com
http://www.crucis.net/1632search
On 12/01/2017 12:38 PM, Charles Odom ki4vmk@... [070] wrote:

Yup, I think its time to go to Google Groups

KI4VMK
# 2542  🇺🇸
On Dec 1, 2017, at 12:17 PM, "randy true w4rttrandy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Broken here too.

Funny the messages aren't being effected.

Randy W4RTT

I cannot find my Yahoo Groups page either and on another couple of groups I
belong to a couple of fellows were saying the same thing.
There must be something going on with Yahoo ,maybe it is time we looked else
where?

73 de Steve
VA3TPS # 526

mwbesemer@...

Jerry N9AVY

I agree.  Google groups is bulky and difficult to use as well as confusing when you have more than one group.

Jerry n9avy

I cannot find my Yahoo Groups page either and on another couple of groups I
belong to a couple of fellows were saying the same thing.
There must be something going on with Yahoo ,maybe it is time we looked else
where?

73 de Steve
VA3TPS # 526

Guys/Gals, let me weigh in on this if I may?

My experiences at the moment with Yahoo groups is that I'm not experiencing any problem(s).

Not that I'm a genius with computers...far from it! I'm an appliance operator.

Ex: One evening I was exchanging emails with Steve, W3HF. In the course of this exchange, I was trying to reconcile my XYL's checkbook...

I commented to Steve on what I was doing, and that my Border Collie, Keli Marie, was lying next to me dreaming about fractal geometry! (The infinitely changing circumference of the United States or such.)

Anyway, I have Windows 10, (build unknown) and I originally went to the Yahoo Groups home page, copied the URL and made a desktop icon.

I went there this morning and the desktop icon/link was working just fine. It took me to my Yahoo Groups "home page". Excuse my terminology if incorrect.

Can't we just wait it out, just for a week or two, and see what happens?

I'm not a member of any Google group that I know of, so I cant comment on what to do with that medium.

I am a huge fan of the Google search engine, and most everything I've learned since I graduated from "Harvard on the Bayou"...(Louisiana State University)...in 1967, I learned on Google! (guys/gals, pls...that’s humor)

It is interesting to note how some guys are wavering back and forth...enuf about that...

Milt.

070-650

LONP #76

I agree.  Google groups is bulky and difficult to use as well as confusing when you have more than one group.

Jerry n9avy

I cannot find my Yahoo Groups page either and on another couple of groups I
belong to a couple of fellows were saying the same thing.
There must be something going on with Yahoo ,maybe it is time we looked else
where?

73 de Steve
VA3TPS # 526

KI4VMK
> # 2542
🇺🇸

Michael Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

Yahoo has ongoing intermittent issues and has for years.  On top of that, the ability to search the archive for messages is abysmal.

I see the need to move eventually anyway... might as well get on with it.

Mike
WM4B

On Dec 1, 2017 5:15 PM, "'Milton Garb' n6mg@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Guys/Gals, let me weigh in on this if I may?

My experiences at the moment with Yahoo groups is that I'm not experiencing any problem(s).

Not that I'm a genius with computers...far from it! I'm an appliance operator.

Ex: One evening I was exchanging emails with Steve, W3HF. In the course of this exchange, I was trying to reconcile my XYL's checkbook...

I commented to Steve on what I was doing, and that my Border Collie, Keli Marie, was lying next to me dreaming about fractal geometry! (The infinitely changing circumference of the United States or such.)

Anyway, I have Windows 10, (build unknown) and I originally went to the Yahoo Groups home page, copied the URL and made a desktop icon.

I went there this morning and the desktop icon/link was working just fine. It took me to my Yahoo Groups "home page". Excuse my terminology if incorrect.

Can't we just wait it out, just for a week or two, and see what happens?

I'm not a member of any Google group that I know of, so I cant comment on what to do with that medium.

I am a huge fan of the Google search engine, and most everything I've learned since I graduated from "Harvard on the Bayou"...(Louisiana State University)...in 1967, I learned on Google! (guys/gals, pls...that’s humor)

It is interesting to note how some guys are wavering back and forth...enuf about that...

Milt.

070-650

LONP #76

I agree. Google groups is bulky and difficult to use as well as confusing when you have more than one group.

Jerry n9avy

I cannot find my Yahoo Groups page either and on another couple of groups I
belong to a couple of fellows were saying the same thing.
There must be something going on with Yahoo ,maybe it is time we looked else
where?

73 de Steve
VA3TPS # 526

KI4VMK
> # 2542
🇺🇸

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Need to switch to :   groups.io       A lot of clubs/services seems to be going to that one.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 1, 2017, at 2:28 PM, Mike Watson mikew@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

No, you REALLY don't want to go to Google groups. If you think Yahoo is bad, Google is worse. I had a group there and quickly moved it to a private server using MailMan.

Mike - W0TMW

  -- William Kershner
http://crucis-court.com
http://www.crucis.net/1632search
On 12/01/2017 12:38 PM, Charles Odom ki4vmk@... [070] wrote:
Yup, I think its time to go to Google Groups

KI4VMK
# 2542  🇺🇸
On Dec 1, 2017, at 12:17 PM, "randy true w4rttrandy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Broken here too.
Funny the messages aren't being effected.

Randy W4RTT

I cannot find my Yahoo Groups page either and on another couple of groups I
belong to a couple of fellows were saying the same thing.
There must be something going on with Yahoo ,maybe it is time we looked else
where?

73 de Steve
VA3TPS # 526

Jeff Steinkamp

Yahoo is got all kinds of problems and it's only going to get worse as Verizon takes over.  They have no clue what they are going to do with Yahoo Groups as it is not a real money maker.

Many Yahoo group owners have moved their group over to groups.io.  I did that for the groups I manage and it was a breeze to get everything and everyone moved over and message turn around time is virtually seconds.

Jeff K. Steinkamp (N7YG)
Tucson, AZ
Scud Missile Coordinates
N32.2319 W110.8477