signal still there

Jerry N9AVY

Darn !  Was just about to write that signal was gone, but as I glanced at waterfall ... it's back... wasn't there 10 minutes ago !    Hope someone finds him and pins his coax !

Jerry  n9avy

David, K9DWR

If that’s been TX constantly, you won’t have to. The radio will eventually kill itself from overuse.

David, K9DWR

On Nov 30, 2017, at 09:00, Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Darn ! Was just about to write that signal was gone, but as I glanced at waterfall ... it's back... wasn't there 10 minutes ago ! Hope someone finds him and pins his coax !

mwbesemer@...

mwbesemer@...

Jerry N9AVY

Exactly !    5-10 watts is not a heck of a lot of heat to finals. May go on for months/years.

14.07175 or so...

Guy probably walked away from radio and forgot.  This started before Thanksgiving.

Jerry  n9avy

I don't know... if it's only running 5 - 10 watts it might last an awfully long time.

Mike
WM4B

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 10:02 AM, David Rock david@... [070] wrote:

   If that’s been TX constantly, you won’t have to.  The radio will eventually kill itself from overuse.

David, K9DWR

> On Nov 30, 2017, at 09:00, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
>

> Darn !  Was just about to write that signal was gone, but as I glanced at waterfall ... it's back... wasn't there 10 minutes ago !    Hope someone finds him and pins his coax !

mwbesemer@...

Jerry N9AVY

That's what I've been thinking ...

No one should ever walk away and leave something keyed.  Aside from being inadvertent only other cause is malicious interference.

___________________________________

I don't know... if it's only running 5 - 10 watts it might last an awfully long time.

Mike
WM4B

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 10:02 AM, David Rock david@... [070] wrote:

    If that’s been TX constantly, you won’t have to.  The radio will eventually kill itself from overuse.

David, K9DWR

> On Nov 30, 2017, at 09:00, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
>

> Darn !  Was just about to write that signal was gone, but as I glanced at waterfall ... it's back... wasn't there 10 minutes ago !    Hope someone finds him and pins his coax !

mwbesemer@...

Jerry N9AVY

Yup !  It happens.  Definitely a PSK31 signal at idle. Blame the cat is a good idea.

Years ago , WB8AWJ in Michigan had a cat in heat and the cat got into radio shack and fell in love with microphone. It was one of those old Turner desk mics with a PTT switch and a locking device.  Well, said cat managed to somehow lock mic in transmit and for the next hour or so the cat was heard worldwide making sounds only a cat in love could make.

Needless to say, my friend moved as far away as possible (ID, I think) as possible !

Jerry  n9avy