SOS - Same Old Signal

Jerry N9AVY

It's back with us  here this morning.  Guess the op didn't get back from Turkey Day vacation yet.  Hope he eventually find his rig has been transmitting dead carrier for a week or more !   Must have a good rig because he hasn't fried the finals yet. At least he didn't leave it on "auto CQ" because that would have been annoying.

Jerry  N9AVY

ljl2002@att.net

Jerry,
At least if he CQ'ed we would know who to contact to tell him to find the OFF switch.

Joe
KA1PPV  $1482

On Monday, November 27, 2017 9:58 AM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

It's back with us  here this morning.  Guess the op didn't get back from Turkey Day vacation yet.  Hope he eventually find his rig has been transmitting dead carrier for a week or more !   Must have a good rig because he hasn't fried the finals yet. At least he didn't leave it on "auto CQ" because that would have been annoying.

Jerry  N9AVY

W7RIV

I've not seen the signal. So, I do not know what it sounds like, or what it looks like. Is it a possibility that it is something else? Some interference that is causing it to look like a carrier? I have seen this topic for weeks now. I have a hard time believing that any rig or power supply would last continuously for this long.

I've setup my station so that when I flip a switch all my radios, power supplies, rotator control box, and desk lap turn off. This allows me to monitor and disconnect them as I need. Mostly for the safety of my equipment, but this is another good reason too it looks like.

Bryon, W7RIV

Jerry N9AVY

It looks like a PSK31 signal with no data being sent. Surely, you know what this looks like...  like railroad tracks minus the crossties.

Jerry   N9AVY