Rogue PSK31 signal

Jerry N9AVY

There's a signal on 14071.71 khz  which has been on for about a week. Several hams have tried to pinpoint the signal, but with not a lot of success.  Would appreciate it if anyone is able to get a direction on that signal.

Seems to be just an idle carrier with no data on it.

Thanks.

Jerry N9AVY

boat.anchor@...

From south of me
Barry

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

There's a signal on 14071.71 khz  which has been on for about a week. Several hams have tried to pinpoint the signal, but with not a lot of success.  Would appreciate it if anyone is able to get a direction on that signal.

Seems to be just an idle carrier with no data on it.

Thanks.

Jerry N9AVY

Mike Flowers

What’s your grid, Barry?

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Nov 24, 2017, at 10:20 AM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

From south of me

Barry

---In 070@..., wrote :

There's a signal on 14071.71 khz  which has been on for about a week. Several hams have tried to pinpoint the signal, but with not a lot of success.  Would appreciate it if anyone is able to get a direction on that signal.

Seems to be just an idle carrier with no data on it.

Thanks.

Jerry N9AVY

boat.anchor@...

CN89

---In 070@..., <mike.flowers@...> wrote :

What’s your grid, Barry?

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Nov 24, 2017, at 10:20 AM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

From south of me

Barry

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

There's a signal on 14071.71 khz  which has been on for about a week. Several hams have tried to pinpoint the signal, but with not a lot of success.  Would appreciate it if anyone is able to get a direction on that signal.

Seems to be just an idle carrier with no data on it.

Thanks.

Jerry N9AVY

Martin Tuip

It's not me. I don't have a beam here else I'd be trying to narrow it down.

Martin
Kg7hax
Cn97

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 12:57 PM -0800, "boat.anchor@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

CN89

---In 070@..., wrote :

What’s your grid, Barry?

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Nov 24, 2017, at 10:20 AM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

From south of me

Barry

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

There's a signal on 14071.71 khz  which has been on for about a week. Several hams have tried to pinpoint the signal, but with not a lot of success.  Would appreciate it if anyone is able to get a direction on that signal.

Seems to be just an idle carrier with no data on it.

Thanks.

This is why I sought help from the OO group. They are scattered all over U.S. and they have yagis to get bearings.  Using triangulation they can narrow down that signal. When a line is drawn with beam headings from 2 distinct areas (like East Coat & West coast), where they intersect would narrow down location. A third monitoring signal would intersect at approximately where the other two intersect and thus narrow down even further the rogue signal.

We can only hope...

Jerry  N9AVY

---In 070@..., wrote :

What’s your grid, Barry?

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Nov 24, 2017, at 10:20 AM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

From south of me
Barry

---In 070@..., wrote :

There's a signal on 14071.71 khz  which has been on for about a week. Several hams have tried to pinpoint the signal, but with not a lot of success.  Would appreciate it if anyone is able to get a direction on that signal.

Seems to be just an idle carrier with no data on it.

Thanks.

Morris WA4MIT

I am in Alabama EM63 and signal peaks at abt 300 degrees which is WNW from here have a pretty strong signal S7 on my beam in this direction
73 wa4mit Morris

On Friday, November 24, 2017 12:20 PM, "boat.anchor@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

From south of me
Barry

---In 070@..., wrote :

There's a signal on 14071.71 khz  which has been on for about a week. Several hams have tried to pinpoint the signal, but with not a lot of success.  Would appreciate it if anyone is able to get a direction on that signal.

Seems to be just an idle carrier with no data on it.

Thanks.

Jerry N9AVY

Matthew King - AK4MK

Jerry - just in case.... I have a hunch that you may have sent your "OO Group" request to this group instead accidentally. You recently sent the below text to THIS group.

Hope everyone had a great THANKSgiving!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

---In 070@..., wrote :

What’s your grid, Barry?

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Nov 24, 2017, at 10:20 AM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

From south of me
Barry

---In 070@..., wrote :

There's a signal on 14071.71 khz  which has been on for about a week. Several hams have tried to pinpoint the signal, but with not a lot of success.  Would appreciate it if anyone is able to get a direction on that signal.

Seems to be just an idle carrier with no data on it.

Thanks.

Hmmm ....  how did that happen ????  No wonder I did get any answers .

Thanks Matt ...

Jerry

---In 070@..., wrote :

What’s your grid, Barry?

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Nov 24, 2017, at 10:20 AM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

From south of me
Barry

---In 070@..., wrote :

There's a signal on 14071.71 khz  which has been on for about a week. Several hams have tried to pinpoint the signal, but with not a lot of success.  Would appreciate it if anyone is able to get a direction on that signal.

Seems to be just an idle carrier with no data on it.

Thanks.

JEFF WALSH

Hello fox hunters .....when I point the Mosley ta33 it is strongest when pointed west by northwest from here in MS

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

---In 070@..., <mike.flowers@...> wrote :

What’s your grid, Barry?

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Nov 24, 2017, at 10:20 AM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

From south of me
Barry

---In 070@..., wrote :

There's a signal on 14071.71 khz  which has been on for about a week. Several hams have tried to pinpoint the signal, but with not a lot of success.  Would appreciate it if anyone is able to get a direction on that signal.

Seems to be just an idle carrier with no data on it.

Thanks.

ljl2002@att.net

Aw C'mon Barry.  Just about everything is south of you except Kodiak bears!

Still lookin fer your sig on 20 & 40 but even Poo-Pourri won't help this prop.

Hoping that the solar flux cap gets replaced soon.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482