Sprint scores

Randy True

This was really my first time at trying one of the contests and I'm still trying to wrap all this around my noggin.

Are the scores based on matching QSO's, unlike the sticker chasers which are honor based? Seems like the scores change every so often.

On the Log Data chart, under the matched column, I'll assume the Y's = Yes. What are the X's? Are the blank rows unverified QSO's?

Randy W4RTT

Rick - N7WE

Randy-

I sure don't know the answers to your questions, but Matt or David will surely be along soon with all the answers.

I did have a look at the Scorer though, and something definitely looks amiss.  Earlier your entry showed Qs on 11/13.  The current displayed entry doesn't show any.  Did you perhaps upload your log a second time with the 13th missing?  I'm not sure, but I think the Scorer will allow you to upload a second time, but deletes the first upload when you do.

Whatever ends up being the answers, you sure made a great run.

Matthew King <mrk.twg@...>

Randy - while the scorer does try to match the QSOs, that is not part of the score. It's just information, basically.

From what I understand, the "y" indicates that this particular QSO was matched in another log, the blanks show that it was not matched (but there's no penalty for this) probably because there was no log from the other party to the QSO, and the "X" shows that it was NOT matched in a log that WAS submitted by the other party in the QSO. You have an example of the "X" scenario with KC8WSM. You're not in his log. But, again, there's no penalty for that unless we turn that "feature" on in the scorer (unless I'm sadly mistaken, but your score computed the way I'd've expected it to based on what I think I know). The only one that doesn't count for any points is the duplicate contact with N3DQU within just a few minutes of each other.

I'm not sure why the score would change except for when David fixed the scorer setup file and re-ran all the entries, or if you re-ran your log yourself.

Don't forget that you can click on the various blue lines in the scorer report to see more detailed info for that item.

Good job in your first contest! :-)

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708