From: 070@... <070@...> on behalf of mwbesemer@... [070] <070@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 8:56 AM
To: 070@...
Subject: RE: [070] another thing.....

CQ Field Day... CQ Field Day...

Actually, I've been guilty lately of CQing on top of someone, but it was not intentional.  The bands have been so goofy and the QSB so long and deep I've totally missed ongoing QSOs, even after watching for a minute or more.

Last night, I was seeing strong signals CQing but could not get any answers.  I was operating Recliner-Remote from my living room so I couldn't hear the signals, but it made me wonder if the aurora was back last night.

Mike
WM4B

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 8:52 AM, randy true w4rttrandy@... [070] wrote:

Another thing that p--se me off, is the guy that will jump the frequency I have been using. Ten seconds after I end a qso.

Grrrrr

Randy W4RTT

Jerry N9AVY

Randy:

This is just poor manners.  If you had the frequency first the other station should respect that and move. Have had that happen on many occasions when I've been holding a frequency for a hour or more. My response is to just keep calling CQ and eventually the guy will get the message.

The other one the bugs me also is when holding a frequency and working stations as fast as I can, I'll get a semi-rare DX station . When I finish the contact, I will continue to call CQ  but some rude operator will start calling that DX station, ignoring me.

This are other types of rude behavior which I suppose is because of the lack of proper mentoring both here is US  and abroad.  I sort of blame the "get your ham license in a weekend"  mills which give new licensees just enough info to pas the test and to hell with the rest of stuff that they should know. Hope that stuff doesn't move on to the medical profession because we'll all be in trouble.

Jerry  n9avy

From: "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...>
To: "070@..." <070@...>

[...]

Also depends on whether or not station at other end understands "QRL"   ... to my way of thinking it would be shorter to "QRL" than to ask "is frequency busy"  thus perhaps a shorter interruption of ongoing QSO.

"Also remember that just because you can hear or see a signal on your waterfall does not mean that the interfering station can hear or see you. "

 Maybe yes and maybe no... if he's working a weak signal you might very well be interfering.  Rather than cause interference , it's simpler to move frequency. Best to err on side of caution.

n9avy

[...]

Hey Randy, you are a very strong signal into North Texas right now.  Have been responding to your CQ but guess you don't hear me on my puny wire antenna.

Brightest trace in the waterfall, and it is very clean.

Jim, K5SP

Randy True

Sorry about that Jim, I'll turn the house a bit and try again Hi Hi

Randy W4RTT

Hey Randy, you are a very strong signal into North Texas right now.  Have been responding to your CQ but guess you don't hear me on my puny wire antenna.

Brightest trace in the waterfall, and it is very clean.

Jim, K5SP

David, K9DWR

The corollary is: Just because you don’t see a signal, that doesn’t mean you won’t be stepping on someone that can see you.

It’s very possible to cause interference and not know you are doing it.

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

On Nov 1, 2017, at 09:58, Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net [070] <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

"Also remember that just because you can hear or see a signal on your waterfall does not mean that the interfering station can hear or see you. "

Maybe yes and maybe no... if he's working a weak signal you might very well be interfering. Rather than cause interference , it's simpler to move frequency. Best to err on side of caution.

Randy True

Man, that's a $5 word, corollary.

Randy W4RTT

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

> On Nov 1, 2017, at 09:58, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
>
> "Also remember that just because you can hear or see a signal on your waterfall does not mean that the interfering station can hear or see you. "
>
> Maybe yes and maybe no... if he's working a weak signal you might very well be interfering. Rather than cause interference , it's simpler to move frequency. Best to err on side of caution.

mwbesemer@...

mwbesemer@...

ljl2002@att.net

Mike,

Yeah, but it costs a lot more than 5 bucks to get it fixed!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 12:15 PM, "mwbesemer@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Don't you get one of them from eating too much bacon?

Mike
WM4B

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 11:56 AM, randy true w4rttrandy@... [070] wrote:

Man, that's a $5 word, corollary .

Randy W4RTT

___________________________________

#1604 LONP #255
david@...

> On Nov 1, 2017, at 09:58, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
>
> "Also remember that just because you can hear or see a signal on your waterfall does not mean that the interfering station can hear or see you. "
>
> Maybe yes and maybe no... if he's working a weak signal you might very well be interfering. Rather than cause interference , it's simpler to move frequency. Best to err on side of caution.

mwbesemer@...

ljl2002@att.net

All the paperwork is.
Assprin....well that's another story.