From: "'Bill S' bill@... [070]" <070@...>
Date: 10/15/17 9:04 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: 070@...
Subject: [070] Tri Band Award

Hello Everyone,

Bill – K3ABE here just wondering how does someone complete the tri bamd award, I have 20 and 80 meters, I have 15, 17 meters but it is not complete, so what do I need?

Thanks

Bill – K3ABE

Bill - K3ABE

Jim,

88 Tri Band

73’s

Bill – K3ABE

From: "'Bill S' bill@... [070]" <070@...>

Date: 10/15/17 9:04 PM (GMT-06:00)

To: 070@...

Hello Everyone,

Bill – K3ABE here just wondering how does someone complete the tri bamd award, I have 20 and 80 meters, I have 15, 17 meters but it is not complete, so what do I need?

Thanks

Bill – K3ABE

ljl2002@att.net

Bill,

I saw your trace on the low end of 40m Sunday morning but it was weak.  I tried calling several times but couldn't get through.

If possible try evenings between 00:00 - 02:00 UTC.   Seems to work best here.

73

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Monday, October 16, 2017 2:36 AM, "'Bill' bill@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Jim,

88 Tri Band

73’s
Bill – K3ABE

Bill – K3ABE here just wondering how does someone complete the tri bamd award, I have 20 and 80 meters, I have 15, 17 meters but it is not complete, so what do I need?

Thanks
Bill – K3ABE

Jim K5SP

If you have completed the requirements the checker should automatically pick up the endorsement for you.   As a reminder, the requirements for the 88 Triband are:

Work three different female 070 Club members on PSK31 (one each on any three different HF bands, 160M thru 6M) and earn this "88 Tri-Band" endorsement.

Note: The females must be club members. I will look and see what the checker has for you.

Jim K5SP

On 10/16/2017 1:35 AM, 'Bill' bill@... [070] wrote:

Jim,

88 Tri Band

73’s

Bill – K3ABE

From: "'Bill S' bill@... [070]" <070@...>

Date: 10/15/17 9:04 PM (GMT-06:00)

To: 070@...

Hello Everyone,

Bill – K3ABE here just wondering how does someone complete the tri bamd award, I have 20 and 80 meters, I have 15, 17 meters but it is not complete, so what do I need?

Thanks

Bill – K3ABE

Jim K5SP

The checker shows that you have only worked two,  Mary and Karen what other yl's are in your log ?

Date    	Time	Call	Band

	20160816	1923	KC4TIE	20M
	20160904	0215	W4KRN	80M

Jim, K5SP

From: "'Bill S' bill@... [070]" <070@...>

Date: 10/15/17 9:04 PM (GMT-06:00)

To: 070@...

Hello Everyone,

Bill – K3ABE here just wondering how does someone complete the tri bamd award, I have 20 and 80 meters, I have 15, 17 meters but it is not complete, so what do I need?

Thanks

Bill – K3ABE

Rick - N7WE

Bill-
You might try emailing Paula - K7PAX - and seeing if you can set a schedule.  She is in Port Angeles WA but has a hex beam and usually a great signal to the east coast.  She is also very helping to those looking for endorsements!

Bill - K3ABE

Jim,

Thanks for all that, now I know I need a female to chat with, lol. Very fine business, reluctantly I will try to find another PSK31’er to chat with.

73’s

Bill – K3ABE

From: "'Bill S' bill@... [070]" <070@...>

Date: 10/15/17 9:04 PM (GMT-06:00)

To: 070@...

Hello Everyone,

Bill – K3ABE here just wondering how does someone complete the tri bamd award, I have 20 and 80 meters, I have 15, 17 meters but it is not complete, so what do I need?

Thanks

Bill – K3ABE

Paula K7PAX #1739

Hi Bill I saw the email thread about the 88 Tri-Band award and thought Id reach out and say hello!

Let me know if you want to schedule something. My hexbeam will be good for 10, 15, or 17 meters. I only have an endfed wire for 40 meters but it might be our best bet. I dont use 10, 15 or 17 a lot, so not really sure what would be the best time of day to try any of those bands. But I am home all day so any time you want to try is fine with me.

Glad to try and help!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Bill - K3ABE

Paula, thank you, thank you J

I am on 20 meters right now around 14071 but can try any band, just let me know what you think might work

Again thanks

73’s

Bill – K3ABE

Hi Bill – I saw the email thread about the 88 Tri-Band award and thought I’d reach out and say hello!

Let me know if you want to schedule something. My hexbeam will be good for 10, 15, or 17 meters. I only have an endfed wire for 40 meters but it might be our best bet. I don’t use 10, 15 or 17 a lot, so not really sure what would be the best time of day to try any of those bands. But I am home all day so any time you want to try is fine with me.

Glad to try and help!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Jim K5SP

You need to work Paula on any band, except for 80 and 20, you already have a yl contact on those bands.

Jim K5SP

On 10/16/2017 10:13 AM, 'Bill - K3ABE' bill@... [070] wrote:
�

Paula, thank you, thank you J

�

[...]

Thanks, seems like 40 meters at 7070 is fairly dead here right now

73’s

Bill – K3ABE

Hi Bill – I saw the email thread about the 88 Tri-Band award and thought I’d reach out and say hello!

Let me know if you want to schedule something. My hexbeam will be good for 10, 15, or 17 meters. I only have an endfed wire for 40 meters but it might be our best bet. I don’t use 10, 15 or 17 a lot, so not really sure what would be the best time of day to try any of those bands. But I am home all day so any time you want to try is fine with me.

Glad to try and help!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Paula K7PAX #1739

Bill, let’s try 17 meters. I am calling CQ at 18.102.20

Paula, K7PAX

Hi Bill – I saw the email thread about the 88 Tri-Band award and thought I’d reach out and say hello!

Let me know if you want to schedule something. My hexbeam will be good for 10, 15, or 17 meters. I only have an endfed wire for 40 meters but it might be our best bet. I don’t use 10, 15 or 17 a lot, so not really sure what would be the best time of day to try any of those bands. But I am home all day so any time you want to try is fine with me.

Glad to try and help!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Bill - K3ABE

On 18.102 now

Bill – K3ABE

Bill, let’s try 17 meters. I am calling CQ at 18.102.20

Paula, K7PAX

Hi Bill – I saw the email thread about the 88 Tri-Band award and thought I’d reach out and say hello!

Let me know if you want to schedule something. My hexbeam will be good for 10, 15, or 17 meters. I only have an endfed wire for 40 meters but it might be our best bet. I don’t use 10, 15 or 17 a lot, so not really sure what would be the best time of day to try any of those bands. But I am home all day so any time you want to try is fine with me.

Glad to try and help!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Paula K7PAX #1739

OK, I’m calling every 15 seconds so I guess you can’t hear/see me. It was the only band other than 20 meters that I saw any activity on at all. There are other digital signals on there. Don’t know what they are.

Paula K7PAX

Bill, let’s try 17 meters. I am calling CQ at 18.102.20

Paula, K7PAX

Hi Bill – I saw the email thread about the 88 Tri-Band award and thought I’d reach out and say hello!

Let me know if you want to schedule something. My hexbeam will be good for 10, 15, or 17 meters. I only have an endfed wire for 40 meters but it might be our best bet. I don’t use 10, 15 or 17 a lot, so not really sure what would be the best time of day to try any of those bands. But I am home all day so any time you want to try is fine with me.

Glad to try and help!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Bill - K3ABE

Paula not hearing you only hearing FT8 right now

Bill – K3ABE

Bill, let’s try 17 meters. I am calling CQ at 18.102.20

Paula, K7PAX

Hi Bill – I saw the email thread about the 88 Tri-Band award and thought I’d reach out and say hello!

Let me know if you want to schedule something. My hexbeam will be good for 10, 15, or 17 meters. I only have an endfed wire for 40 meters but it might be our best bet. I don’t use 10, 15 or 17 a lot, so not really sure what would be the best time of day to try any of those bands. But I am home all day so any time you want to try is fine with me.

Glad to try and help!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Paula K7PAX #1739

Maybe we can try 40 meters tonight. All bands except 20 look pretty dead right now. Unless you want to try anything else right now?

Paula K7PAX

Paula not hearing you only hearing FT8 right now

Bill – K3ABE

Bill, let’s try 17 meters. I am calling CQ at 18.102.20

< span style="font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:black;">Paula, K7PAX

Hi Bill – I saw the email thread about the 88 Tri-Band award and thought I’d reach out and say hello!

Let me know if you want to schedule something. My hexbeam will be good for 10, 15, or 17 meters. I only have an endfed wire for 40 meters but it might be our best bet. I don’t use 10, 15 or 17 a lot, so not really sure what would be the best time of day to try any of those bands. But I am home all day so any time you want to try is fine with me.

Glad to try and help!

Paula K7PAX #1739

Bill - K3ABE

Paula thanks, we can certainly wait until tonight and see if 40 meters gets better.

Thanks will reach out to you somewhere around lets say 2300Z or so if that is ok

Bill – K3ABE

[...]

OK, be sure to email me because I might forget the time. Lots going on at this QTH right now – hi hi.

Paula K7PAX

[...]

boat.anchor@...

Bill & Paula

You might want to try 30M around 23:00Z
I know ur Hexbeam is not designed for that Paula but ur tuner may find a match
on one of ur two antennas.
It doesn't take much ERP to make the contact
GL de Barry