Topics

Croatia ???

Jerry N9AVY

Now that Europe seems to be coming into Midwest  (No. IL)  a bit more regular, I been watching for 9A stations, but have seen pretty much every other European country.  Good old Croatia seems to be among the missing.  Have they gone "radio silent" due to politics ?   Or are they all on FT-8 ?

Would like to finish up the Croatia endorsement 2017 before the year is over.  So, anyone hearing Croatia please post spots.

Thanks !

Jerry  n9avy #454

boat.anchor@...

If anyone hears Croatia pls work them for me and then
let Jerry know.
Barry

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

Now that Europe seems to be coming into Midwest  (No. IL)  a bit more regular, I been watching for 9A stations, but have seen pretty much every other European country.  Good old Croatia seems to be among the missing.  Have they gone "radio silent" due to politics ?   Or are they all on FT-8 ?

Would like to finish up the Croatia endorsement 2017 before the year is over.  So, anyone hearing Croatia please post spots.

Thanks !

Jerry  n9avy #454

Jerry N9AVY

Under which one of your many calls  ???

Jerry  n9avy

---In 070@..., wrote :

Now that Europe seems to be coming into Midwest  (No. IL)  a bit more regular, I been watching for 9A stations, but have seen pretty much every other European country.  Good old Croatia seems to be among the missing.  Have they gone "radio silent" due to politics ?   Or are they all on FT-8 ?

Would like to finish up the Croatia endorsement 2017 before the year is over.  So, anyone hearing Croatia please post spots.

Thanks !

Jerry  n9avy #454

Rick - N7WE

Did I miss something?  I though Croatia was a 2016 DX endorsement and was closed.  I still need 15!

Matthew King - AK4MK

That's right, Rick - Croatia is one of last year's DX Special countries.

This year's DX Special countries are VK-Australia, ON-Belgium, and CE-Chile.

I'll have to check and see why last year's are still showing up in the scorer runs.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 7:51 PM, n7we1980@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Did I miss something?  I though Croatia was a 2016 DX endorsement and was closed.  I still need 15!

Sorry about that ... my bad !  Was looking at checker during a very busy day in office. Shouldn't the 2016 stuff have been cleared from checker ???

Jerry  N9AVY  #454

That's right, Rick - Croatia is one of last year's DX Special countries.

This year's DX Special countries are VK-Australia, ON-Belgium, and CE-Chile.

I'll have to check and see why last year's are still showing up in the scorer runs.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 7:51 PM, n7we1980@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Did I miss something?  I though Croatia was a 2016 DX endorsement and was closed.  I still need 15!

David Westbrook

 > Shouldn't the 2016 stuff have been cleared from checker ???

Probably!

At this point I'll probably just clean it up when adding 2018 stuff.

-david
KJ4IZW

On Sep 26, 2017 8:15 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Sorry about that ... my bad !  Was looking at checker during a very busy day in office. Shouldn't the 2016 stuff have been cleared from checker ???

Jerry  N9AVY  #454

That's right, Rick - Croatia is one of last year's DX Special countries.

This year's DX Special countries are VK-Australia, ON-Belgium, and CE-Chile.

I'll have to check and see why last year's are still showing up in the scorer runs.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 7:51 PM, n7we1980@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Did I miss something?  I though Croatia was a 2016 DX endorsement and was closed.  I still need 15!

David Yockey

There are always dozens of them on cw.

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 8:02 PM, Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070]
<070@...> wrote:

That's right, Rick - Croatia is one of last year's DX Special countries.

This year's DX Special countries are VK-Australia, ON-Belgium, and CE-Chile.

I'll have to check and see why last year's are still showing up in the scorer runs.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 7:51 PM, n7we1980@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Did I miss something?  I though Croatia was a 2016 DX endorsement and was closed.  I still need 15!

I know there is all kinds of DX on CW... that's why my DXCC is at 336 confirmed. After getting to around 280 on SSB, I went to CW .   When you're chasing DX, if you can't do CW then, you're just spinning your wheels.

However, I thought this was a PSK31 group and any discussion of DX on other modes seems irrelevant.  Since all endorsement are for PSK31 only ... at least that was my understanding when I joined PODXS.  Please correct my if I'm wrong.

Jerry  n9avy  #454

That's right, Rick - Croatia is one of last year's DX Special countries.

This year's DX Special countries are VK-Australia, ON-Belgium, and CE-Chile.

I'll have to check and see why last year's are still showing up in the scorer runs.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 7:51 PM, n7we1980@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Did I miss something?  I though Croatia was a 2016 DX endorsement and was closed.  I still need 15!

boat.anchor@...

Jerry

Shouldn't office stuff have priority on a busy day?

Barry
One man - many calls

---In 070@..., <n9avy@...> wrote :

Sorry about that ... my bad !  Was looking at checker during a very busy day in office. Shouldn't the 2016 stuff have been cleared from checker ???

Jerry  N9AVY  #454

Yo Barry!

Ur in my log 37 times as VA7GEM, CJ7GEM and VB7150.

Our 1st contact was in September 2008.

I look forward to seeing you there 37 more times with whatever call your using!

Vy 73 es dx,

Milt.

N6MG

070-650

LONP #76

---In 070@..., wrote :

Sorry about that ... my bad !  Was looking at checker during a very busy day in office. Shouldn't the 2016 stuff have been cleared from checker ???

Jerry  N9AVY  #454

boat.anchor@...

Milt
WOW Propagation like rabbits my friend.
I also use XL7GEM, CF7GEM, VG7GEM, VA7GA, & VB7CAN150
Lots of opportunity for more.
Maybe we should have an award ala Steve
Work Barry on five different callsigns hi.
CUsoon

Barry

---In 070@..., <n6mg@...> wrote :

Yo Barry!

Ur in my log 37 times as VA7GEM, CJ7GEM and VB7150.

Our 1st contact was in September 2008.

I look forward to seeing you there 37 more times with whatever call your using!

Vy 73 es dx,

Milt.

N6MG

070-650